I was attending a wedding, and had booked my accommodation four months in advance, only to find that I could have received a substantial reduction if it had been part of the block booking, the staff could not have been more helpful in changing the details. I was concerned that as I had booked a single room, that it would resemble a cubby hole, but it appeared to be a double bedroom, just with half the number of towels etc. Being disabled, I had asked for a ground floor bedroom, there was a shallow step outside and one inside to negotiate, but this was not a problem, I was given the second room on the corridor of a modern accommodation block, facing onto a pleasant quadrangle which was being used as an overflow car park, but I could not hear any noises at all, so perhaps the owners of the few vehicles closed the doors quietly.
The car park is huge in a picturesque setting amongst mature trees and in extensive grounds, and is convenient for all the buildings.
The staff were extremely helpful and cheerful, they made us feel that the success of the wedding was their goal, and everything went so smoothly. The food of was high quality (I can recommend the medallions of steak, which were so tender that they could have been cut using a plastic spoon). It would be an understatement to say that the buffet style breakfast was comprehensive! It was rapidly replenished, so was fresh and hot.
The weekend was warm and sunny, which made the provision of comfortable outdoor seating very welcome, so we enjoyed watching the numerous rabbits scuttling on the lawns in and out of the trees.
Other reviewers have have described the various facilities available, but the giant Jenga and Connect Four proved to be very popular, as did the boules and pitch and putt.
I would certainly recommend the Woodside as a wedding venue, the grounds are ideal for photography and the gentleman who helped the wedding couple advised on, rather than dictated the arrangements, and nothing was too much trouble. The room set out for the wedding breakfast was tastefully, but gloriously decorated, and as previously mentioned, the food was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant, original Edwardian country house in a beautiful Warwickshire setting, Woodside has, over the years, built up a special reputation for friendly service and attention to detail. Woodside is a residential conference venue with 74 superb bedrooms in a building adjacent to the main house which are perfect for a restful night's sleep. It is also available for bed & breakfast, weddings and other celebrations. Leisure includes an indoor swimming pool, gymnasium and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Woodside, A Sundial Group Venue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodside, a Sundial Group Venue Hotel Kenilworth
- Woodside, A Sundial Group Venue Kenilworth, Warwickshire