“Brilliant Indian food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kavi Restaurant

Kavi Restaurant
Chesford Bridge | Ramada Warwick Hotel & Conference Centre, Kenilworth CV8 2LN, England
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 51 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

No need to leave the hotel to find an Indian restaurant, authentic,tasty and not expensive.
The Kavi Restaurant at the Ramada is well worth a visit, you wont be disappointed

Visited November 2012

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Surprising gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very tasty food and attentive service. Although the room decor was a little lacklustre, it was by far the best part of the otherwise dire Ramada Warwick hotel.

Visited November 2012
Longforgan, United Kingdom
“Breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The 'canteen' environment was less than inviting. The eggs were very well done, the cheap bacon looked as if it had been steamed and we continually needed to ask for things they had run out of including milk and coffee. I did ask for Alpen but one waiter didn't know what that was nor did he know what marmalade was

Visited September 2012
“APPALING,DISGUSTING,AWFUL AND HORRENDOUS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is the worst restaurant i have ever dined. I regret to have not read the terrible reviews on tripadvisor before making a try on a friday meal.We were dumped in a corner sofa on what appeared as a 'make shift' table. The nearby sofa was full of dust. There were baskets of cups laid near table which made use feel as if we were stored in a cupboard.

The food was disgusting, I am an Indian and know which one is a reasonable indian food. This was not even food,forget being indian food.

The very young english waiter was inexperienced and out of depth, to say the least. He rushed to kitchen after we mentioned our choice of starters to check availablibilty. This was preceded by a rather limited choice of non alcoholic drinks.

The food arrived and we soon had to order another drink and waiter commented, we have one more type of fruit juice, may be you should try AS YOU ARE HAVING ALL TYPES OF FRUIT JUICE with an ugly He He He.....

We could not finish the food for it was awful and disgusting but we do not like to waste food as there are many on this planet who don't have the pleasure of having food.We requested the remainder of food to be packed. We were told that hotel policy states that food can not be taken outside and this was not a TAKE AWAY. What a rude reply...I asked the waiter to call his manager. The manager said the same thing to which i explained the difference between a take away and a restaurant to someone who calls himself manager and did not have any courtesy or politeness. The waiter then said that he could offer us aluminium foil SHEETS as if we were beggers collecting food.There was no sorry, no apology, plain rudeness.We said, it's OK and tried our best not to waste much food.

We were then left for 20 minutes -abandoned and waiting for the bill and closure but I realised that they might have forgotten us and I stepped into the kitchen of a restaurant for the first time in my life to call someone for bill. This does not happen even on a road side restaurant in developing country.Disgusting.

I lost my patience at this point and after paying the bill, asked for procedure to make complaint. I was informed that there is no such procedure and i have to go online. I called for manager again but he had left long ago.I asked the waiter to show me the reception. We had a long discussion with receptionist who was looking rather scared and I feel sorry for her but her mistake is that she has joined ramada hotel.

She was not willing to provide name of manager or staff and did not know complaints procedure. We asked her to ring her manager and unfortunately it was the same manager who had spoken to us earlier and he was again rude- Asking-'What's the matter?' We chose not to loose our head completely and gave the phone back to receptionist and expressed all our concerns with her requesting her to provide details of person for lodging a complaint. We were offred a half bill return as consolation but we refused to accept it as this was not the reason for us getting distressed. We finally obtained the email id of the person we need to contact to lodge a complaint. I am surprised that such a disgusting hotel exists in britain.

I feel so upset today both in mind due to disgusting experience and bowel due to awful food.

Never go near this hotel for anything, you will remain happy.