“Lovely food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We visited Kenilworth for the weekend & was staying at the restaurant opposite so The a Green Man was very handy.We ordered bread & oil which annoyingly came at the same time as our starters.Either not enough bread or too much oil.However starters we're lovely.Husband wanted Risotto but sadly it had run out.He had the pie which was lovely.I had ultimate ribs which were amazing,!! So much I couldn't finish ! Drinks very reasonable.Most staff very lovely especially the lad with glasses & ponytail!
If we lived locally this pub would defientley be a regular! Thankyou

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

43% Recommend
Porth, United Kingdom
“Good venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice homely pub, clean, roomy, friendly staff. Good selection and reasonably priced food menu, good selection of real ales at bar and usual largers available.
Good food service when visited during evening, nice size food portions, busy enough to create a nice atmoshere.

Visited October 2013
kenilworth
“Families Not Welcome”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Despite marketing themselves as a Family Pub and letting my family visit over the summer. I was asked to leave at the weekend because I was with my children. This is no longer a family friendly pub, children are not welcome.

If you don't have kids it is a reasonable pub.

• Visited September 2013
Sunbury on Thames
“polite service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Pub was fairly busy at 7.30pm but I was served quickly and efficiently. I opened a tab, but was not required to supply a card - very trusting! Food was good - tasty, well cooked steak & very filling brownie/ice cream. Good wine choices. Musak was present, but not intrusive, although the 'beat' was noticable later. I would eat here again.

Visited September 2013
“Decent enough.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was there at about 7pm on a Thursday night. It was busy both inside and out. I stood at the bar for a while before getting served, everyone else got served before me although I was there first!. I was told to find a table and order at the bar. I struggled to find a table, there were a few that were reserved and most were either full or half full. I eventually found one for four that was empty, so sat at this one. I picked one close to the bar, because I felt if I had left it for long, then someone would be in my seat on my return!! I ordered the bread and oils for a starter. That was nice. I then had the haddock and chips for main. It was also very nice and filling. 2 courses for £9 is very good. The waiter was pleasant and efficient but seemed run off his feet! It is really easy to find, being on the main road. The carpark is big enough but could do with a bit of maintenance and extra lighting.

• Visited August 2013