“Well done!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Well done!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We live fairly close to the Green Man but stopped using it a while ago due to poor service, food and drink. After our recent visit we will definitely be returning. Manager Alex was in the kitchen. The front of house staff were all cheerful and attentive, the food and drink was excellent. Well done guys keep it going.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Much Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Well, after a few bad experiences the Green Man seems to have returned to something nearing its old self! They again have some 'two for' and 'before 5' deals on, and the rest of the menu appears to be much more reasonable.
It has always had a role in Kenilworth as a reasonably priced watering hole with fairly predictable 'pub grub', and there is nothing wrong with that;every town needs one.
Well done, keep it up!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food good value and friendly helpful staff..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I was passing by and thought we would stop and have a drink, even tho it's on a busy road it's a nice cosy atmosphere, we decided to have a drink good prices and friendly team, to be fair it was quite busy and I'm sure were rushed off their feet, but decided to stay and have a bite to eat, we'll I was surprised at the whiting fish which came with two pieces of fish and just enough chips and the gammon which my friend had looked great, even the eggs not too oily, just cooked right, the staff were very happy to help with our needs, nothing was a bother even in the busy sunny weather, all in all a great place to come nice staff, nice atmosphere and a happy setting all around, will be coming back again.
( I am very pleased at the service, food, and quality, I don't know what some people are talking about)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Kids portions for adults”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I used to go to the Green Man every week but about 3 months ago food and service nose dived. The last time we visited was about 2 months ago. I ordered scampi and got given such a mediocre portion, I had to cook when I got home. We left it sometime given the disappointment and returned tonight. Nothing has changed - 8 pieces of tiny scampi that wouldn't fill a child. I note with interest that they have just extended the 20% off discount until mid- Sept and it's valid all day every day which smells of desperation. Perhaps if Ember Inns went back to basics and delivered reasonable portions for a reasonable price with staff that cared, they could command full price for their meals and drive repeat visits.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

It does make me laugh when people purchase 2 meals for £10 then complain about portions sizes! The green man has a diverse menu and since the refurb has gone up a little in price. However the pub grub is reasonably priced and the service usually pretty quickly. However due to the sunny weather it can get busy/rammed outside but surely it's your choice to choose to wait? We had a quick lunch here off the special menu, husband had the chicken and myself the fish and chips. Both were fine and my fish pieces in particular were lovely. The sting in the tale was when the manageress charged me approx £3.20 for a j2o topped up with lemonade, by the time she had filled my glass with ice there was only a splash of lemonade. Cheeky. Service was fine.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere