“OK Sunday Lunch” 3 of 5 stars

01926 353 637
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Almanack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 49 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Casares, Spain
“OK Sunday Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was the second time we had tried the Sunday Lunch and found it to be nothing special. It seems as if it is trying to be different for the sake of it.
We went with two other family members and placed our order of 2 Pork, 1 Beef and 1 Lamb dinner, all the meat arrived an a wooden board and it wasn't really obvious which was which? There was no crackling for a the Pork and the portions were certainly not going to make you struggle to eat them.
We ordered extra Roast Potato's, which were nicely cooked and overall it was a reasonable Lunch, enhanced by the live music from the "Jazz Trio" - they were excellent and deserved a bigger audience.

Visited August 2013
Hi,

Sunday is a day where we are re-creating a traditional Sunday lunch at home, we have the best meat in town from the best butcher in the country Aubrey Allen, we also have no limit to how many roast potatoes and yorkys you have, we aim to fill you up!
Our Jazz 'n' Puds bands appear on the last Sunday of evey month and on occasional bank holidays, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

“Breakfast - not impressed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast menu is lacking the bigger breakfast choices, having gone for the eggs benedict with salmon for £8 I was surprised to see that only one side of the muffin came out. Not filling at all and as for value, it's not what it used to be with the hash breakfast which is the reason I came back here after a year! Better fill up on 8 soices of free toast if your expecting to get your money's worth

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Henry H, Manager at The Almanack, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review,

Our new breakfast menu has proved to be very popluar, you are correct the Almananack Hash is no longer on our breakfast menu, however it has been replaced with some other delicious options, such as chase farm eggs on sour dough, with free range bacon and sausage, home-made black pudding (yummy) if this still doesnt tempt you, of course we can knock up an Almanack Hash for you, we never say no, we aim to please, i hope to see you soon.
London
“Interesting place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was my first time here and would return. I didn't eat here this time but the choices on the menu were extensive if a little over priced - I live in London and would pay those prices here. The bar staff were very courteous, friendly and very helpful. I liked the fact that you could get a range of hot drinks as well as the usual alcoholic ones.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi,

Thank you ffor your review, this is not the first time we have been compared to a London style venure, however this is not what we are, we are a lcal gastro pub serving the highest quality produce from local suppliers. Our team are traiined to a high level and in our eyes the guest comes first. I hope to see you again soon in our eatery sampling our delicious seasonal dishes.
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Service? What service?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have eaten a number of times at this restaurant and while the food is good the service is becoming increasingly disappointing. The bar staff on my last visit were both rude and offhand, with my request for a wine list ignored by one and produced with a snide remark by the other. After tasting the wine we had chosen from an already opened bottle we remarked that it was warm and asked for confirmation that the bottle would be correctly chilled. The reply of "of course" was delivered in a very unpleasant tone. Trying to order the meal was again so offhand that we both began to wonder if indeed we wanted to eat there at all, perhaps it would be an idea to go elsewhere. However, the weather was warm and sunny, we were able to sit outside and after a time we did go to the bar to order our meal, and I cannot fault the food but getting it was another matter. We waited, and we waited, and we waited some more. Apparently if you eat outside you have to order from the bar staff and I think that all the service problems we experienced stemmed from there as the restaurant was not particularly busy. I hope the Almanac will review its bar staff and the lack of quality customer service in that area.

Visited July 2013
Hello,

Thank you for you valuable feedback. our entire team pride themseves on being friendly, professional and helpful. They are trained to a high standard and have exceptional product knowledge. I am very sorry you felt our bar staff to be rude, i can assure you this is not eh norm. The sun brings everyone to the Almanack, the outside area quickly fills up. I am very glad you enjoyed your meal, and I hope to see you again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly waitress :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We happened upon this place while visiting relatives in Warwickshire. We had popped to the market-blink and you miss it, but we got loads of cheap fruit so that was a bonus!. After building up an appetite we went and sat outside The Almanack under the parasol as it was about 30 degrees by then, and waaaay to hot to sit inside, even though the aircon was on.
The lovely Emma came out to serve us and she was everything you want a waitress to be-friendly, helpful, polite and nothing too much trouble. She was knowledgeable abut the menu as I was so indecisive-I ended up going for the seafood platter on her recommendation. As a lover of all things seafood it was just delicious-thoroughly recommend it.
She also brought us out a large jug of iced water as it was so hot, which was a nice touch. We had already ordered drinks from the bar, but this was a nice gesture. on her behalf She engaged us all - myself, husband and two teenagers, and we really felt like nothing was too much trouble for her. We even had a conversation about football (as we are from Liverpool) which we all joined in.
The bill came in at £54 for lunch for 4 with drinks, a tad on the pricey side, but I felt it was worth it-all the plates were cleared as the food was so lovely. And you do get what you pay for. Inside, the loos were clean and pleasant and I liked the nice touches of the hand soap and cream, oh and the rather nice picture of Bryan Ferry adorning the wall ;-)
Would we go again? Yes if we were in the area, and if the owner/manager is reading this-give Emma a pay rise. She deserves it and is a true asset to your restaurant. ;-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Henry H, Manager at The Almanack, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you very muh for your review. Emma, like all our team members is FAB! I look forward to welcoming you back to the Almanack very soon.