“Great steak” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 46 restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: It is a new business with a new owner We offer a 1st class service, Friendly Staff and want everyone to have a good Time
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

bit pricey but food was great. The service and atmosphere was very pleasant with different tables all chatting with one another and staff getting involved with banter. Wish I could have afforded the Kobi but out of my price range :-(

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“glorious food good atmosphere and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I personally feel in today s world it is very hard to come across any establishment that isnt expensive as the whole idea of eating out is an expensive one in the uk. As I have traveled and seen the world it is a lot cheaper to eat out with friends and family in other countries,

Than in the uk then I came across Beef on a visit to kenilworth I dont understand people keep moaning about expensive food its uk second most expensive country to live in on planet earth. If you think it is expensive then stay at home dont go out.

After reading about aubrey allen where the meat came from, The beef is not just cross bread and chured out as it is in nearly all supermarkets it is specially selected and bread by specialist farmers hence the restaurant is supporting the local british farmers who need our help and of course this means the meat is not cheap but good meat naturally raised and cultured is.

when i reserved my table I was clearly explained to that there is a double sitting policy 6pm and 8pm therefore if you sit at 6pm they require the table back within 2 hours which I feel is long enough to eat a 3 course meal let alone a steak and chips. However I chose an 8pm table which gave me more time to choose what I wanted and allowed me to take my time and we all enjoyed a 3 course dinner good wine also i noticed alot of reports of being expensive but good quality wine is expensive I wouldnt want a £4 bottle of wine in a good restaurant.

Service was to a high standard and with only 2 members of staff on duty I think they did brilliant work serving everyone. The atmosphere is what you make it our atmosphere was great chatting and chilling while we had our meal I wouldnt want loads of noise or very load music so it was great for us. I would say my group had a very enjoyable experience and I would recommend Beef as a great place for lunch and dinner and I ve heard it is being purchased by new owners who are going to open for breakfast and coffee in the coming future so I will definately be trying there breakfast and new coffee culture.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Food standard, no atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I booked here from recommendation. My table was booked for 8.15 we were encouraged to order quite quickly, we decided just to go for a main course, this arrived before 8.30 I was a tad shocked it was so quick. Don't get me wrong I enjoy prompt service however I felt like it was a conveyer belt they want you in and out. The food was good, however not worth £24 which is what my sirloin steak cost. There was no atmosphere in there at all. We were in and out in less than an hour, not something I would recommend, when you're spending that sort of money you expect superb food with a nice atmosphere with a nice evening, not to be home within the hour. I wouldn't recommend this.

Visited November 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Nice wine list..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Service is very friendly and the wine list here, whilst not cheap, was very good. I had caprese salad to start and an 8oz fillet steak for main. The salad starter had too much mozzarella really for a starter, it was ok though. I had high hopes for a restaurant called Beef and whilst the steak was ok, it wasn't fantastic. The peppercorn sauce erred on the side of sweet but the chips were good.

All in all I was left feeling a little disappointed given other steak restaurants I've been to in this price range. There isn't anything fundamentally wrong here and the wines are very good, I just expected more from the food.

Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“The one thing you need to get right !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was looking forward to my trip, I had of course asked friends and got a mix of reviews. The starter was amazing best caesar salad I've have in quite some time apart from the brown ended lettuce but a minor thing against how nice it was. My steak, well yes it was very tasty once I got past the salt and it being overcooked. I am sorry to say I had high expections but was disappointed in that the very thing they are specialising in they can not cook to order, maybe I was epxecting too much but for the price I do expect more than mediocre. The decor it tired and the echo is uncomforatable if you want an evening for two. I would not say it was a bad experience but I did expect more.

• Visited November 2013