“Amazing food, Fantastic service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, Fantastic service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

An amazing restaurant, probably the best Indian Restaurant in Newcastle. We had decided to book for the buffet, I have to be honest I had very mixed ideas about having a buffet meal, so many places do them and they tend to sell poor quality bland food and we just won't go near them. How wrong I was to have such reservations about Khan's. The buffet was FANTASTIC!! The food was freshly cooked and the taste was to die for (Really enjoyed the Indian rice pudding at the end of our meal). The service was really good too, the waiters were helpful and friendly. We simply could find no fault with the place, can not wait to return.

“Lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I were advised to try this restaurant. The staff are very friendly, they do not sell alcohol but you are able to take your own in.
The food was beautiful plenty to pick from on the menu, it is also a take away. From Sunday - Wednesday they have a buffet which we are going to try.

By the time we finished our meal it was so busy the waiter apologised for not spending time with us, and people were waiting in the passage for a table.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, service and a BYO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Another Indian Restaurant, seems Newcastle has masses of them, but this is one of a select number that I would recommend. I have quite a few friends of Asian origin who have been here before and spoken highly of it, fancied going and a BYO when organising a night out for 32 people of a range of ages was ideal. There was a range of tables in the restaurant, from tables of 2, 4 and 8 to ours, a table of 32, upstairs! The atmosphere was excellent and the place was really busy, so I would recommend booking.

The whole night was fantastic and this was very much based around the food and service. The food was traditional (apna/punjabi style), the portions plentiful, the rice perfectly cooked, the peshwari naan breads fantastic and what made a massive difference is that the guys who work here, young and older can't do enough to help you enjoy your evening. My favourite dish was the Lamb Karai Pubjabi style with some of the most tender lamb I have had in a long time, try it!!

It is a BYO (off licence next door wasn't open) so come prepared, new Sainsbury local around 300 yards away, on Heaton Road heading towards Shields Road.

The BYO part was a bonus for a group when some want to drink, some don't and saves any issues on sorting the bill out at the end!! Couldn't recommend this place highly enough. It is tucked away a bit, but I agree with Karmazyn - a Hidden Gem, try it!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Another delicious meal at Khans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have visited Khan's many times and I'm always amazed with the speedy service and the choice available on the menu. A party of 9 visited Khan's last night and we all thoroughly enjoyed the meal, delicious food. The other high point was the service, the waiters were all very attentive and helpful, even calling taxis for our group at the end of the evening, We shall certainly return!

“The best Indians yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited khans last night for a delicious meal
The staff were all very lovely, especially what I think was the manager who helped with our choices as we ordered2 breads and he came and told us that 1 nan is huge however if we feel we wanted another bread he would happily put it on, we didn't need another bread as yes they are huge and I ended up along half home :) this saved us money and its importantly no wastage!
The food itself was the best, we ordered 3 starters as we wanted onion bargi and mixed kebab starter we ate it all! The layout of food in the plate was excellent. The barges were the best if ever had, same goes with the mixed tandoori meat.
I had a lamb masala and it was Devine! Every mouthful was just the bet. I took half home with me as I was full on half m curry, which was a good thing!
Overall the decor was beautiful everything stamped khans even the cutlery had k.r on it, lovely little touches.
I want to go back again,! Tanks to all the staff and we will see you again valentines day evening :)