“great italian food - no fuss” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Athens, Attiki, Greece
“great italian food - no fuss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 NEW

This is great place for some no nonsense, good quality italian food. i was taken by two friends today (who are both regulars) and we all had dishes from the specials menu - which were all excellent. homemade risotto, grilled goats cheese salad, and i had the black bream with risotto. service quick, knowledgeable, not pushy.
i think that the deformed baroque decor might give me night-mares, but the food was a dream.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
  • Polish first
“Best mates graduation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 NEW

Tried a couple of places to start with, but settled here, I had a brushetta bread and cheese starter , a tortellini main followed by the profiteroles pudding and to finish off, a coffee and grappa shot.

All my food was lovely and although I am a fussy vegetarian, all the options on the menu were great as we're the helpful staff.

Tynemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We went there yesterday as a group with a colleague who was leaving work, so 9 of us and we had a variety of dishes, including some specials and the rest off the main menu. The service was excellent and the food really lovely. Although it was busy, service was quite speedy. All told, better than most, if not all, Italian restaurants in the city centre.
I will go there again, for sure.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Should visit more often”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Came here a couple of years ago because my wife had been and she had loved it. I was under the weather and did not especially like it but remembered the staff being very nice.

Back this time for my wife's birthday. Really enjoyed what we had - Gamberoni and Flatbread Lello followed by Pollo Lello and an Italian sausage casserole. Washed down by an average bottle of house white.

Nice place, nice atmosphere and a genuine thank you and goodbye from at least 5 staff as we left (no doubt mainly family). That always wins points with my wife!

Only doubt from me is that starters came only 3-4 minutes after we ordered them which does suggest the microwave might be busier than you might hope!

Will be back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Never had a bad meal here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Whenever I've been here I can say that I've had a good, tasty meal and it's been good value for money. Will be coming back for a long time!

• Visited November 2013