“Great little restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Description: The restaurant is split into three main floors. The first floor, which is also the main seating floor, contains the bar area, and a spacious attached outdoor terrace for alfresco dining. The first floor is capable of holding up to 60 seated guests, and we can accommodate party sizes of any number.The second floor contains the open-plan kitchen and another seating area, which is able to hold up to 50 seated guests. This floor is smaller than the first floor, but is still capable of holding large parties with ease, and again, we can accommodate parties of any size and number.If you require more privacy, we have yet another floor for seating, the third floor, which is a private dining room which can hold up to 45 seated guests. As this room features skylights, it is brighter and warmer than the first and second floors, and is spacious enough to be used for any kind of event, such as dining, presentations and so on.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Recently went here for a birthday meal wtih a small group of 7 people. Really impressed by the choice on the menu and the food was delicious. Staff were helpful. Atmosphere was good, quite quiet as it was a Tuesday night, but there were a few diners in. Lovely interior too.

• Visited September 2012

85% Recommend
“Paradiso is a hidden gem it ticks all the boxes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We visited Paradiso for the first time last Saturday as we wanted to try somewhere new. From the minute we arrived the service was excellent, the staff are so happy and friendly, the place has a great buzz about it.The food was absolutely beautiful the four of us had different dishes ranging from lamb kofta to salmon risotto. We loved it so much my husband and i went back last night, the manager remembered us and was so welcoming. We will definitely be regulars, love the place!

Newcastle, UK
“Delicious :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We love Paradiso's because they are so welcoming and will do anything to make you happy and to make you feel at home. The first time I went in the waiter asked what I would like and I joked 'a bit of everything! - it all looks so nice!'. He said 'Madame, if you want a bit of everything, I bring you a bit of everything' and made a mezze for us having asked what we specially liked. That kind of service goes a long way towards creating loyalty, and it has been repeated every time - whether I want the gnocchi without the cheese or the risotto with green veg instead of mushrooms, the maitre d' will discuss it with me until he's found the best solution and the chef will make it delicious!

Our maitre d' is very handsome and a real gentleman as well, and now he knows us we always get a hug and a kiss ;-) worth the visit in my estimation! He bothers to remember our favourite drinks and meals and will offer them to us and try to guess what we'd like, which makes us feel valued guests.

Note that the vibe and the menu/price will vary according to when you go. We often go on a Monday at around 5:45, when it's quiet and you can order off the general menu with lots of choice and meals starting from around £5-6. Later on in the evening there is a set menu to choose from with two courses for £13.95 so you can get a shock if you're expecting the cheaper option, but the food is so amazing that you won't regret it if you do order off this menu. A couple of times I've been in on a Saturday and it's much, much busier and livelier - an altogether different experience to the chilled chatty quiet of a week-night.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of the best lamb dishes I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I ate here on a recommendation from a colleague last time I was in Newcastle on business.

This is the best Italian food I've had outside of Italy! The beef carpaccio starter was delicious and the main of "best lamb" was one of the nicest lamb dishes I've ever had (only beaten by a amazing tagine in Marrakech). The desert of chocolate and baileys cake, unfortunately, didn't quite live up to the rest of the meal but I certainly wouldn't let that put you off eating here.

The staff were also very friendly and upon noticing that I was eating alone, so using my phone a lot, they brought me their wi-fi password so I could keep myself entertained with facebook.

As this place is a bit off the beaten track it seems to be a hidden gem and I shall certainly return the next time I'm in Newcastle!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Paradiso”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Eaten here a few times but always because it had been chosen as a venue for someone else's birthday meal or some such. I've never found the food to be amazing even though I have heard other people say it's very good, just average in my opinion.

Visited November 2011