“Not worth the wait !” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
“Not worth the wait !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

On arrival I thought this must be good as the que was nearly out the door. We waited for nearly an hour to be seated upon being seated I the nice menu looks good prices reasonable, but if in being honest everything after was poor. The chef must not taste his food as everything I ate was covered in garlic aswell I finished my starter and it must of been 2-4 mins before main came. From sitting down to end of meal we had been there 1 hour. So 1 hour to wait food rushed out so they can get you out the door as quick as possible. If the food was amazing then maybe I could understand but it wasn't and I think I won't be returning to francesco's.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Food was Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Visited Francesca's the first time for the other night with a group of friends. Had to queue for a table on a Monday night so was expecting good things.

Food was wonderful, all three of us got starters and mains and we all loved it! We all were big fans that you can get half pizza and half pasta as normally it is a tough choice but you can have the best of both worlds.

The only negative thing would be that when we had finished our meal and got out plates taken away from the table, not one member of staff offered us the dessert menus or tea/coffees. We seemed to have been forgotten about - and by this time it had quietened down and there were no other tables queuing for a table.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hi I went had to wait but well worth it the food excellent flavours were brill .the atmosphere what you would want ,we got 1/2 & 1/2 red & white wine nice when we left went next door to take some home

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious & good value meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family ordered 4 different main courses and everyone enjoyed the food! We did not have any reservations and had to queue for 20 minutes to get a table but it was worth it. Good interior decorations and atmosphere. Would definitely visit again if I had the chance to do so.

Visited July 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“An authentic Italian experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have visited Francesca's on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed.The fact that you have to queue for a table both at lunchtime and in the evening speaks volumes.The food,portion sizes,service and ambience are second to none.this restaraunts is a newcastle institution with good reason.Can't wait for my next visit!

• Visited July 2013