“A great value hostel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Euro Hostel Newcastle

Save Saved
You added Euro Hostel Newcastle to your Saves list
Euro Hostel Newcastle
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Carliol Square, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6UQ, England   |
London, United Kingdom
“A great value hostel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Upon arrival we were seen immediately and the check in service was very good. The room was quite basic but also quite modern. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The location is central and walking distance to all local amenities. A very impressive hostel that I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello G_MC16

Thanks very much for taking the time to review Euro Hostel Newcastle for Tripadvisor.

I was very happy to see your positive comments and that you appeared to have enjoyed your time with us.

We treat all feedback from our guests very seriously and it was great to note so many positives in your comments.

Thanks once again for your review. I do hope you will come and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

an unforgettable experience. one of the finest hostels that i've ever seen. the only thing that differs them from the hotel is the bunk beds otherwise its better than a hotel !! comfortable beds that made me sleep the whole day!

Hello priyankit

Thank you very much for writing such a great review on your recent stay at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

It was fantastic to see such a positive review and it seemed that we exceeded your expectations in every aspect of hostel accommodation.

Thanks again for your kind words and I do hope you will come and see us again in the near future.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location of this hostel is so central.....it is perfect for seeing Newcastle and especially for a late night out on the town. The bar at the hostel is really lovely and one I would happily go to anyway. The rooms were clean, although the triple was a little small. I was attending a conference with my friends and it can be a little noisy but the staff work hard to maintain control over noise levels, with strict penalties for disruptive behaviour. We had a noisy group on our first night and the management provided the BEST customer service to resolve this issue to my satisfaction. Great for a party night sleep....with a decent breakfast where you can buy extras like fresh hot porridge or a fry up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello zna79

Thank you very much for providing Tripadvisor with a review on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

As with many accommodation providers in Newcastle, we have proved to be very popular with the younger clientele and, on occasion, their behaviour becomes unacceptable. We always attempt to maintain control over these situations and I was delighted to note that you, as a valued customer, could see the efforts being made by the team on duty.

I was also delighted to note that the issues experienced by your party had been dealt with to your satisfaction.

Thanks once again for your comments and I do hope we will see you again soon.
Penrith, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed at the start of March as part of a large group (40+ people) for two nights. The party were very well looked after by the patient and helpful staff. The rooms are 'hostel-like' being basic, sufficiently clean and functional with numerous bunks in each. The attached bar & restaurant proved a big plus being open all day & night with decent food served all the time. Its only a 2 minute walk away from all the night life so it has a tendency to attract stag/hen do's which in turn creates a racket at 3 in the morning when they start coming in, but as i say above, its a hostel -its in the city centre & its cheap! I'd have no problems staying again with a bunch of mates or a group, and the bar area is excellent even just for a social drink (& sensibly priced) - however if i was looking for a romantic weekend away with my wife then perhaps this ain't the place. 'Horses for courses' as they say!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Stuart J

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such an honest and accurate review on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

We really appreciate all guest feedback and I was pleased to see that you appeared to have enjoyed your time with us.

I do hope you will come and see us again in the future.

Thanks again
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for three nights at the end of March and it was fantastic, we had a two minute walk to the main shopping areas and nightclubs. On arrival, the check-in went smoothly and the guy that checked us in was very helpful and friendly. We had booked a private room for three people and upon reaching our room discovered sleeping room for 5 which was great as we could spread out a little! the beds were comfy and very clean, as was the room which was surprisingly modern. We quickly interacted with other guests and made plenty of friends, and there was a bar down stairs which was lovely and very handy for a quick meal or drink before heading out at night, (it was reasonably priced). Overall, it was definitely the nicest hostel I've stayed in, and if we return to Newcastle my friends and I have already agreed it's where we'll be staying!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello L M

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

We were all delighted to read your comments on our facilities and services and it was fantastic to note that you seemed to enjoy everything about your stay.

Thanks again for the feedback and we hope you come and stay with us again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed a couple of times at this hostel and it's suprisingly nice. The rooms are a good size, and clean. The reception area is looking good and the pub/restaurant is great with wifi.
I highly recommend this place as it's also a very good price, especially when you share with friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hello Sandypandy74

Many thanks for your review on Euro Hostel.

I was delighted by your comments and ratings, but even more so when I read you were a repeat guest.

Thank you so much for your positive comments and it was very pleasing to note that you had enjoyed your stay withe Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I do hope you will come and see us again very soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A group of us stayed the weekend of 15-18 March, we had two rooms on the third floor. The room itself was spacious and very clean.
The staff were very friendly, hardworking and helpful. It was sad to see that the staff had to deal with other guests who were noisy and disrepectful in the early hours, but it was nice to see that they dealt with these unruly guests in a professional and calm manner.
Overall, the hostel is good value for money.
I would stay here again and look forward to another stay in Newcastle!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello b7895439

Thank your for your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

Thank you also for your understanding regarding the problems the team experienced with a very noisy and unruly group and I was glad to note you were pleased with their handling of a very difficult situation.

I was delighted to note that despite these issues, it did not deter from your party enjoying your stay.

I'd be delighted to hear more about your stay so if you have the time, my email address is pauls@newcastle.euro-hostels.co.uk.

Thanks again for your comments.

Been to Euro Hostel Newcastle? Share your experiences!