First impressions of the place were poor. We arrived with all of our luggage, and went to check in, but the girl at the desk didn't accept fifty pound notes (We all had fifties and no change). She advised us to go to a bank and change these, which was fine, but she wouldn't accept our bags and we had to carry them around for an hour while we found somewhere that would change fifty pound notes.
After that we had no problems. We drank in the bedroom and the common room and the staff didn't mind, even the barman gave us a bucket of ice one night for our rooms. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were warm. The hostel was also quite cheap and the facilities were grand. A good place to go for young people and students.
- Also Known As:
- Euro Hostel Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Euro Hostel Newcastle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now you can "budget stay - your way"... in Euro Hostel Newcastle. City centre location just 10 mins walk from Central Station and 2 blocks from world famous Grey Street. All rooms fully en-suite. Fabulous bar with cocktail menu. Food served all day. Dorms and private rooms available. Guest kitchen, laundry, dining and chill out room. FREE Wi-Fi available throughout the Hostel Bedrooms, Public Areas and Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Budget Places, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Euro Hostel Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.