“Good value, good service, great breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside to your Saves list
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
The Quayside | Lombard Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3AE, England   |
Prestwich, United Kingdom
“Good value, good service, great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here one night on a visit to Newcastle with friends.
The hotel is in a lovely old building and my room was very clean, in good condition (new carpets recently laid!) and had a very large bed, which was comfortable. Reception staff were excellent and we had no problem with checking in. We’d reserved a parking space in advance, which is advisable as it’s very small.
It’s in a great location near the Quayside with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby, however this did mean some noise was experienced – thumping music (which I could tune out of, thankfully), some drunken shouting, and the occasional tinkle of bottle bins being emptied! But, the hotel being in such a location, and it being Saturday night, this wasn’t a surprise.
As there were three of us, it was a shame we were not able to book a triple room for 3 adults. My friends (in a twin room) had a large double and a single and the room could have easily accomodated us all. However, it’s a budget hotel and the very reasonable price of the rooms meant having two rooms between three wasn’t expensive.
The unlimited breakfast was excellent – a huge range on offer and was nicely cooked and presented. The scrambled eggs were fresh and not crusty, which I always find is part of the measure of a good brekkie!
We also had friends staying in the nearby Travelodge, who experienced no end of problems, so we were very glad we’d chosen the Premier Inn and would gladly recommend it as excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Room 103 had some mild noise issues from outside nightlife and internally from a noisy-closing fire...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

683 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hotel is in what looks like an old bank type building very close to the Tyne river. Location is great, not too far to restaurants/bars and a 10 minute walk to the main town/shopping area, although up quite a steep hill. Room was on the 4th Floor so was nice and quiet and quite large. It was snowing whilst we were there and the room could be quite cold (it had three large windows), but there was a wall mounted heater plus a free standing heater which we could plug in too. This made for a nice warm room, however had there just been one heater this review may have been very different! Room was clean and more than adequate, with a nice comfy bed and no trouble with noise whatsoever. We stayed during the week but upon leaving on Friday saw a lot of stag and hen parties arriving so be warned.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just got back from a one night stay at this hotel with my 10 year old daughter.

We checked in with the guy at reception who said he would put us at a room at the back of the hotel as it was the quietest away from the stag and hens and the club across the road for which we were grateful as he just did this automatically to ensure a good stay.

The location is fab if you want to go shopping or clubbing.

The room was clean and warm and there was plenty of hot water can't say any better than that.

Staff were excellent and very happy to help.

Will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013
Bromham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just had a two night stay at the Premier Inn on the Quayside Newcastle. The hotel has friendly welcoming staff and is convenient for shopping and exploring the city on foot and does have its own small pre-bookable car park underneath the hotel. Our double room was quite small, I did need to walk sideways to get into bed and thus needless to say I missed not having a bedside table. Having said that, we only paid £54 for two nights plus £14 parking but for the money it was fine. We ate out for all our meals as we wanted to explore the city. From what we say of the restaurant it looked appealing. All said and done I think we got what we paid for.

Room Tip: I think we were in 236 I would recommend I'd there's 2 of you to ask for a different room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

stayed there on a saturday night. good welcome. At night the place gets very noisy as the quayside are full of people going out to the local bars. The thing is that those people are also coming back at night drunk and shouting to their friends through the door that they have lost their keys or that they don't remember which floor they are on.
I called reception at about 1am to ask them to come and collect some drunk person on the floor as they were making noise. I could not be bothered to get out of bed to make a second call at 4am. The fact that the telephone is not next to the bed is making sense to me now.
At check out, was not reminded about the good night guarantee although I told the receptionist that it had been noisy. And they had my room number from my call during the night.
I really wish I had been more awake and ask for my money back as the night was not satisfactory at all.
Premier Inn Central is much better and looks cleaner too in the common areas. For the price paid, it's not worth it at all.
I wanted to be near The Sage as I was going for a show. But next time I will stay in central Newcastle as I used to.

Room Tip: don't take rooms that have windows on the streets. It's busy at night with all people going...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Always used to use this hotel a couple of years ago. Stayed again last night and it reminded me why I always stayed here.

Perfect central location, secure parking, great rooms, great staff, nice bar area. Spotlessly clean with big comfy beds and big comfy pillows.

Also if you get a room at the front you can see Tyne bridge and eye of the Tyne, I really rate this hotel as excellent, I love it here.

• Stayed March 2013
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Right in the city centre only ten min walk from station/metro. Me, my daughter, my friend and her daughter stayed here for two nights - one of them to see The Script at the Radio Arena Newcastle. We walked back to the hotel in twenty mins along the Tyne - nice walk. The hotel was clean, tidy and the staff on arrival were so helpful and let us in our room one hour early. The room was a family room and is was very big overlooking (from three windows) the Tyne, the Tyne Bridge and the Millenium Bridge. Breakfast was extremely good value £8.25 for an ALL YOU CAN EAT hot and cold buffet and the kids ate free with a paying adult. Good value breakfast, good value stay and an all round great weekend. The bar staff and waiting staff were so helpful and friendly too and made the stay one of the best weekends away.

Room Tip: The family rooms are on a corner so a good view from all windows. Third floor Room 338.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside? Share your experiences!