“Good for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside

You added Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside to your Saves list
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Quayside | Lombard Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3AE, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got a room deals of £29 and stayed on a Sunday night. The breakfast is great and the staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful with our baby and his needs. The hotel was a bit tatty round the edges but I've only ever stayed in the newer Premier Inn's. However this was by no means detrimental to our stay.

I wasn't that impressed with our bathroom as it had hair on the side, floor and bath and the fan didn't work so it was a steam room for ages after showering. (The sign says to not leave the door open).

I would stay again and certainly recommend it for location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed one night in early December, and have to say it's not the best premier inn i've stayed in. But when you consider how busy this hotel is and the amount of people coming and going 24hrs I think they do a very good job retaining a clean and friendly hotel overall. Had breakfast in the morning looking over the tyne which was very pleasant.
It was full of christmas parties when I stayed (as it should be in december). It would be a great base for exploring Newcastle and right next to a good selection of bars and restaurants

The major complaint I have was that my room was below some sort of laundry room as because at 6am/7am our entire room was vibrating and filled with a washing machine sounds : ( not good especially after a night out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Potenza, Italia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was in Newcastle in hte middle of January. The hotel is very nice, with excellent breakfast and good internet connection (3 pounds per day).
It is also perfect to enjoy the nightlife because there are pubs etc. all around the hotel area.
My room was little but very confrotable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've stayed her twice now and this time was with mate to go and watch a gig don't get me wrong the hotel is lovely the building is amazing and the staff upon check in where great but we have a few problems with people banging on the door all night. Lucky I didn't get hold of them. When I tried to phone down to reception. The phone didn't work so I went down and told the guy on reception. He apologised and said he will replace the phone I told him it was ok. So I went back upstairs and half a hour later it happens again and nobody there since it was almost morning I couldn't be bothered to go back down stairs. But when I was checking out I told them and the lady looked at me like I was crazy and spoke to me sarcastically I told her I want my money back. But she refused. I'm sure you have a good night guarantee which I wanted to invoke. But was refused most of the staff where great but this one woman was a idiot. She annoyed me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Annan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Firstly the hotel is in a great location for all the bars and restaurants on the Quayside which was why we picked it. It has a bar and restaurant which are good for a quick drink or something to eat. It also has an underground car park beside the hotel which is £7 per night so very reasonable for city parking.

We arrived just before the check in time of 2pm and were told that the rooms were not ready so we would have to wait in the bar for 15mins. This wasn't an issue, we had a drink and returned to Reception at 2.30pm. Only 1 out of 3 of the rooms was now ready so it was another trip to the bar. When we finally got our keys one of our party found that their room hadn't even been cleaned so it was another trip back to reception for them. To be fair they were refunded the cost of their room but it was a lot of hassle.

Our room was fine, not as modern as some Premier Inns but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. We were woken during the night by people running up and down the corridors and slamming doors, not the hotels fault though.

Overall I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. I think it needs updating to bring it in line with other Premier Inns.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sunderland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

After several visits to this hotel im still disappointed that they still got no access to the reception unless through the lift option. At night since the entrance to reception also is the entrance to the restaurant these doors are locked and out of use. Old quality hotel but needs to move with the times. Have separate door to lock off the restaurant at night and leave the direct route to reception for guests to go to reception. Anyone not used to this hotel would not know that at night you have to use the lift to get to reception, regardless of the signage directing you to the stairs option as well. Have one more booking shortly then this will be my last ever at this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get fobbed off with a room that has a large bed and less than a foot to get...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scottish Borders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Came here for the weekend in September 2012. It was a lovely sunny weekend, but very chilly. The hotel was very nice, however it is an old building which meant it wasn't the warmest place. I am a wheelchair user and there was a very good bathroom, with a bath (very good for warming up after the Newcastle wind).

Lovely friendly staff and very helpful. We found almost everyone we encountered in Newcastle were very friendly. Would definitely think abou t returning. On the Sunday there was a market along the Quayside outside the hotel. Ideal for lots of food stuffs, arty bits and the usual market things too.

The hotel is so close to many lovely nice restaurants and pubs, we ate well all weekend. Also must see the Baltic a short walk over the winking eye bridge.

Room Tip: Take warm pyjamas, the rooms are pretty chilly/draughty
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends