“Idiots” 3 of 5 stars

Rooms from £68
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Idiots”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've stayed her twice now and this time was with mate to go and watch a gig don't get me wrong the hotel is lovely the building is amazing and the staff upon check in where great but we have a few problems with people banging on the door all night. Lucky I didn't get hold of them. When I tried to phone down to reception. The phone didn't work so I went down and told the guy on reception. He apologised and said he will replace the phone I told him it was ok. So I went back upstairs and half a hour later it happens again and nobody there since it was almost morning I couldn't be bothered to go back down stairs. But when I was checking out I told them and the lady looked at me like I was crazy and spoke to me sarcastically I told her I want my money back. But she refused. I'm sure you have a good night guarantee which I wanted to invoke. But was refused most of the staff where great but this one woman was a idiot. She annoyed me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Annan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Firstly the hotel is in a great location for all the bars and restaurants on the Quayside which was why we picked it. It has a bar and restaurant which are good for a quick drink or something to eat. It also has an underground car park beside the hotel which is £7 per night so very reasonable for city parking.

We arrived just before the check in time of 2pm and were told that the rooms were not ready so we would have to wait in the bar for 15mins. This wasn't an issue, we had a drink and returned to Reception at 2.30pm. Only 1 out of 3 of the rooms was now ready so it was another trip to the bar. When we finally got our keys one of our party found that their room hadn't even been cleaned so it was another trip back to reception for them. To be fair they were refunded the cost of their room but it was a lot of hassle.

Our room was fine, not as modern as some Premier Inns but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. We were woken during the night by people running up and down the corridors and slamming doors, not the hotels fault though.

Overall I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. I think it needs updating to bring it in line with other Premier Inns.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sunderland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

After several visits to this hotel im still disappointed that they still got no access to the reception unless through the lift option. At night since the entrance to reception also is the entrance to the restaurant these doors are locked and out of use. Old quality hotel but needs to move with the times. Have separate door to lock off the restaurant at night and leave the direct route to reception for guests to go to reception. Anyone not used to this hotel would not know that at night you have to use the lift to get to reception, regardless of the signage directing you to the stairs option as well. Have one more booking shortly then this will be my last ever at this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get fobbed off with a room that has a large bed and less than a foot to get...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scottish Borders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Came here for the weekend in September 2012. It was a lovely sunny weekend, but very chilly. The hotel was very nice, however it is an old building which meant it wasn't the warmest place. I am a wheelchair user and there was a very good bathroom, with a bath (very good for warming up after the Newcastle wind).

Lovely friendly staff and very helpful. We found almost everyone we encountered in Newcastle were very friendly. Would definitely think abou t returning. On the Sunday there was a market along the Quayside outside the hotel. Ideal for lots of food stuffs, arty bits and the usual market things too.

The hotel is so close to many lovely nice restaurants and pubs, we ate well all weekend. Also must see the Baltic a short walk over the winking eye bridge.

Room Tip: Take warm pyjamas, the rooms are pretty chilly/draughty
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The staff were very helpful and polite, the room was warm and comfortable with great bed, and the food/breakfast was plentiful. The big draw is the location, right on the quay, close to the Sage and the Baltic and lots of great restaurants. Very reasonable price too.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the top/4th floor as you'll have to use former service lift or stairs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hinckley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great location. Rooms a bit chilly and heating controls didn't seem to get the room nice and warm, we travelled with elderly parents and they got into bed in the daytime to keep warm and woke up cold in the night. Someone from the hotel did explain the heating controls to them on arrival as the room was very cold. They didn't tell us untill after we left as they didn't want to cause a fuss. I found bed a bit hard but that's probably just personal preference. Staff lovely and very helpful when asked. Breakfast best I've had, cooked breakfast from the buffet was kept lovely and hot, fanstastic choice and quality on everything offered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Traveled from scotland arrived at 1.30 had 4 rooms booked didnt recieve rooms till 5.30 then had to cancell 1 room as was taking to long had to cancell resterant as could not get changed not happy at all reception not helpfull at all then had cheek to charge £7 for car park that you struggle to get parked in spoilt our trip never again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Many thanks for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

Although we unfortunately do not have any control over the charges for car parking, we do notify you of parking charges on the Premier Inn website; you can contact the hotel to find out the specific charges.

Thank you once again for your review; we hope to welcome you back soon.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside? Share your experiences!