“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside

You added Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside to your Saves list
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Quayside | Lombard Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3AE, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
#WakeUpWonderful from £35
hull, east yorkshire
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My partner and I stayed on friday 7th december for the night to go to a concert at the metro arena. This hotel is in a great location for the night life and the staff are very friendly and helpful and its very clean my only problem was the room was cold and our room was above the entrance on the roadside and was very noisy until around 2.30am then at 6.30am the rubbish men were emptying bottle bins so didnt really have a good nites sleep. I would stay again but request a room away from the roadside for a better nights sleep. I didnt complain as im not one for complaining. Breakfast was nice help yourself buffet.

Room Tip: request a room away from roadside as it can be very noisy especially on a weekend.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night on business and had rather carelessly booked on line for the day after my arranged arrival! However the receptionist could not have been more helpful in changing the booking and getting me straight to my room with the minimum of fuss. I couldn't have been more appreciative as my train had arrived an hour late and I had been in a que a mile long for a taxi which took an extra forty minutes. She was very helpful in getting my dinner ordered to be delivered to my room, which incidentally I was told could be a 45 minute wait as they were so busy, however turned up after 15.
The room was very spacious, clean and perfect for a business stay, however, slightly chilly.
If I have cause to stay in Newcastle again, or anywhere else for that matter, I would always choose Premier Inn first.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Located right beside the Tyne Bridge, the hotel is situated on the quayside which is great for a short break - we stayed on a sunday night and had a room on the front overlooking the quayside, so there weren't any noise issues. Staff were helpful and friendly and provided additional towels immediately on request. We booked in advance and only paid £19 for the room so it was fantastic value for money - we didn't have breakfast there because there is a Wetherspoons only 3 minutes walk along the quayside, which we have used a number of times before. All in all, a great base and everything you need for a quick stopover.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have views across the quayside and Tyne across to the Sage, but they can be noisy...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bridgend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed here with 2 friends in July, 3 girls in our twenties, ready for a crazy weekend in Newcastle. I booked the room online direct through the hotels website, and it was the cheapest around that allowed 3 of us in one room, approx £50 each for 3 nights. Not bad eh??!! Check in was easy and all the staff were friendly throughout our stay.
Our room was spacious, with a double bed and a pull out bedsette, which was not the comfiest. Probably the only negative about the hotel.It didn't matter all that much to us as the double bed was more than big enough for the 3 of us to share, just something trivial to note. The room was clean and spacious, with a modern bathroom, could have done with some new tiles, but again trivial little things. Bedding and towels were always fresh, and the corridors and bar area was always clean too, which must have been hard to do with the hotel primarily occupied by noisy drunks, like us :) Even with this in mind though we had a good nights sleep every night, even with our room being directly above the entrance, we didn't hear a thing! The food is also good, we ate here to cure our hangover one day, and it was tasty, plain but more than edible.
Overall we had an excellent stay and really enjoyed, would definately reccomend!
Thanks alot from 3 loud welsh lasses!

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and modern. Maybe one on the top floor would avoid slight traffic noise, alt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Have stopped here five times or so this year. The location is great for a night out on the town in Newcastle, but as I am there on business, this can be a bit of a double edged sword.The staff are always pleasant and helpful and rooms are clean.

Food is standard premier Inn breakfast and evening meals, but choose your seat for breakfast (or for your evening meal in the summer) as you get great views across the Tyne to the Sage , and of a number of the bridges.

The only real gripes are that the rooms can be very cold and as alluded to in the title review , if you are a light sleeper (I am) if you miss time going to bed , it can be noisy. All round however its good value

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Recently stayed here on a cheap night offer - location is good for visiting Sage &Baltic however hotel room was freezing! On going out for the evening I requested another heater for the room. The reception staff were very obliging and got on to it straight away. On returning to the room after my evening out I found that a heater had indeed been delivered but not plugged in ! Duh! Slept in half my clothes. The Premier Inn beside Northumberland Street is much warmer and I would recommend that visitors to the town book in to that one during the winter months.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

What a great location, as expected, the hotle was clean with very friendly staff. It is right at the side of the tyne bridge on the quayside...fantastic. My only negative was that we had to ask for another heater as the room was cold and the room heater didn't seem to do anything to make it warmer and it was also on a timer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family