“Excellent location, extremely clean room and second to none service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside

Save Saved
You added Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside to your Saves list
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
The Quayside | Lombard Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3AE, England   |
“Excellent location, extremely clean room and second to none service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed my whole time. A very special thank you to Christina who fulfilled my every need ;-o I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends. I am chairing again in the near future and hope to stay there again

• Stayed December 2011

696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

When Conrad Hilton was asked about what was the decisive factor in making an excellent hotel, he was quoted as saying, "Location, Location, Location". Well the Hilton in Gateshead certainly meets thet requirement with its site on the banks of the Tyne overlooking the Bridge. But what is easily overlooked is the fact that the Premier Inn at the Quayside in Newcastle has an even better site. It is located right on the historic quayside and faces Gateshead, with wonderful views out to the Tyne Bridge, the iconic Sir Norman Foster Sage Theatre and the Gateshead Millenium Bridge. It is situated in an old Georgian building, the facade of which has been faithfully restored and kept clean to fit in with the surrounding buildings. Inside the rooms are obviously on the large side for a budget chain, as they are conversions in an old buiding. Our twin room was spacious enough to have room for a large double bed and a single, with high ceilings and two large windows looking out onto the river.
Checking in was made easy by the friendly reception staff; I have to mention Laura by name as she was extemely courteous and helpful throughout our stay. The underground car park is easily accessed from Lombard Street, but there are limited spaces, so if you are driving make sure you book a space in advance by calling the hotel with your booking reference to reserve a spot
We spent three days here and had booked breakfast in advance, and we were not let down by the standard or the service; it was as good if not better than the majority of hotel chains that operate with a swankier name.
On the Sunday morning we woke to find a host of market stalls set up along the quayside right outside our door. The road was closed to traffic and we were able to enjoy a Sunday stroll around the stalls which sold many different local and not so local items as well as some spicy aromas from food stalls.
Our main reason for being in Newcastle was to attend a concert at the Sage on the Monday evening, We were able to walk from the hotel to the theatre in under 15 minutes and a pleasant stroll back afterwards with no hassle with transport arrangements.
All in all, we had an enjoyable stay in Newcastle which in no small measure was added to by the comfortable stay at the Premier Inn. All the staff we encountered in our three days were polite. helpful and courteous in the extreme. We would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was asleep before my head touched the pillow. Highly recommended for a good night's sleep and ideally placed for spectacular views of the river. Friendly and helfpul staff. Couldn't be better for singles.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Suffolk, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Only stayed here for one evening during the week, it didn't seen too busy and there was no noise from other guests. It's in good condition but you can tell its a high use place probably at weekends! It's a short walk into the centre and the Tyne bridge is just across the road.
We were really surprised just how big this place is.
Make sure you book parking as there is a underground car park with limited spaces for £7 plus it seems secure.

• Stayed October 2012
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've stayed here twice now and found it to be shocking on both occasions. Uninterested reception staff, they didn't have my business meal allowance registered when I booked in, the Receptionist blamed a colleague for not printing it. Room was very cold and the tiny heater didn't make a bit of difference. Bed sheets were dirty due the filthy restaurant menu that was placed on it. It appeared to be covered in some sort of food/grease. When I went down for dinner I was told certain things were off the menu as the deep fat frier was broken. no chips or fish, or anything fried. no problem as I ordered mash with my meal, they then told me I had been given the wrong menu! I chose to eat out! Breakfast was also poor. I stay in Premier Inn hotels every week, but I shall not be giving this one another chance!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.
We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.
Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Alloa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed recently for 1 night, good location with plenty restarants/bars around, 2min walk to Quayside. Had a room on 3rd floor looking onto the quayside which im glad about, on returning to the hotel late at night i found a nightclub in full swing around the other side of the hotel and a pile of yobs drunk in the doorway, would not have liked a room overlooking this, worth noting when booking here. However it was value for money and i would return.
Did not have breakfast so cant comment.
Looking a little tired but for what i paid it was good.
Reception staff friendly and helpful.
Good base for exploring Newcastle and in a quieter area.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor on the side overlooking the tyne
Elgin, Moray
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst going to a concert at the Metro Radio Arena. Basic Premier Inn, but that's all we needed. No phone in the room (despite being told there was), but it wasn't an issue for us. Food in the integrated restaurant was fine, bit of confusion (was seated by a housekeeper and had to wait 10 minutes for menus to be brought) but after that the service was great and I enjoyed my meal. The hotel is close enough to the centre, only 10 minute walk from the Arena. Paid for on site parking (£7 per night) but the car was secure as it is an underground car park with buzzer entry. Staff even let me keep my car in the car park until about 1/half 1 on day of checkout, which was really appreciated :) On check in we were given a map of the city and the receptionist highlighted the way to the Arena and the main shopping section. Overall, a fine stop off point.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside? Share your experiences!