“Good for stag/hen/large groups” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre

You added Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterloo Square, St James Boulevard, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4EU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Cambridgeshire
“Good for stag/hen/large groups”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The staff at the hotel were great, very friendly and helpful. I was with a large group for a hen party. We went out for a quite meal on the Friday and I did not sleep a wink that night as there was a stag party on the same corridor running up and down, banging on doors and shouting. Maybe not always good to assume that a hen party will want to listen to this (they seemed to group them on floors together) we were a mixture of ages and not there just to get bladdered and make a noise! Didn't seem so bad on the saturday but that could be alcohol talking. Free breakfast was adequate and what I expect from HI Express. I did book a twin room and somehow ended up with a double and a camp bed which was not the most comfortable. As an IHG club member I would have hoped my room request would have been fulfilled but never mind. Rooms are a bit grotty, stains on carpets and sofa bed but I suppose this is due to the clientelle! Can't fault the staff but please don't stay here if you like a quiet nights sleep!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet rooms as the staff are great and if you ask they will try to place you away from par...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear A3005J

Thank you for your review and in the detail in writing us the good and the opportunities to improve.Whilst I am pleased with the good I truly value the opportunities to improve as this gives us the chance to look in to our ways of working and change.Thanks again for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards
Lee Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here in early Jan 2014 for one night. The room was nice and large, and the ensuite was nice too. Very clean and tidy, and very modern as well. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was good. Very good value. Ideal location as just a short walk from the train station.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Holidayinnexpressncl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest

Many thanks for reviewing your most recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you were happy with with all aspects of your stay and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

First time visit for work. I was given a disabled access room ; though I don't need one so it was a very big room. It was on the second floor and the window faced the main road. I would request to stay on a higher floor in future as the noise was a bit distracting.
Free wifi was included which was great for doing some work.
Staff at reception great. I forgot my toothbrush so was provided with a free one.
Biggest issue was the lack if hot water in the morning. It was a hotel wide issue. Staff were very apologetic and extra reward points were given for the inconvenience.
Local city parking is nearby and was pretty cheap.
Breakfast was okay. Sausages a but dry. A bit more hot food variety would have been nice.
All in all though good value for money and I would stay here again as it's a great central location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear LizzieMo15

Many thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to post a review, it was great to read that you were able to take advanatage of our Free Wifi, breakfast and Forgotten items. We indeed have an issue with our Hot Water Supply during your stay what I am really please to see is that my colleagues delt with it swiftly and ensured you left happy. Luckily for everyone it was only off a short while as we were able to fix it very quickly. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon

Many thanks
Bolton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business last night and would certainly recommend to anyone visiting Newcastle. Location is excellent just a few minutes walk right into the centre and it was easy to find by car with a large multi story car park next door ( free after 5pm till 8am the following morning ). We didn't set here so can't comment on the food but breakfast look nice as we had a quick look as we left.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Very good accommodation at the hotel and no complaints at all about breakfast! Plenty space for the four of us! A little noisy as we were overlooking the road not looking into courtyard but it is near the centre of Newcastle!! What I must say is, I was very very impressed by the really friendly and helpful staff. Thanks to them all. Would have no hesitation visiting again or recommending the hotel to others!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stay here regularly on business travel, staff are always accommodating and very, very helpful. The rooms are extremely clean and the size of room is suitable. Would definitely recommend any business travellers to stay here, close to the train station and metro and the breakfast is of a very good standard.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor are by the main road, but that doesn't bother me
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Holidayinnexpressncl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Had a great bargain stay here for £25 in their sale. Room was well maintained as was the hotel in general. Priority Club members are automatically allocated rooms overlooking the courtyard for quietness, but any guest can ask for a room that doesn't face the busy main road. I found the breakfast to be to a very good standard and unlike other reviewers I saw nothing amiss with the size of the room where the self-service buffet was set out. Only minor gripe was how chilly the bedroom became overnight when I'd switched the air-con off, as even on the lowest speed setting the whirring sound isn't conducive to a good nights sleep. Luggage storage is free of charge for guests arriving before their room is ready, but a £2.50 charge applies for storing items after checking out of a room. Conveniently located hotel for those arriving by coach or train in particular. Set back from nightlife scene to minimise external disturbances.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are free of traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Guest Services

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre? Share your experiences!