“Very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre

You added Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterloo Square, St James Boulevard, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4EU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Located in central Newcastle a easy short walk from the station. Check in was swift and very friendly.
I had a room on the fourth floor which was well sized, comfy and clean; double bed, sofa, desk, TV, tea and coffee etc. Bathroom again a good size with a walk in shower (so much better than over bath) and quality towels.
Breakfast the usual Holiday Inn Express fare presented as a buffet.
Overall a very pleasant stay in a good hotel with friendly efficient staff at a good price.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that you had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed our hotel and thought the staff were friendly & efficient .We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Lorraine Watson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
South Molton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a really good stay here over the new year hotel is clean a tidy and very welcoming we had one receptionist that would do anything for you on New Year's Day me and my partner were a bit worst for wear and didn't leave the hotel we wanted food and because they didn't do room service lee gave me some takeaway menu and told me he would order for us but the place wouldn't deliver so to save me walking around Newcastle in the dark on my own he went a picked it up for me which so so nice plus I didn't have any shoes on! We did have a problem with housekeeping keep coming into are room on the first day about 4 times they did come in while we were out as well and left our room door open which annoyed me as we had left valuables in the room (passports tickets iPads) but we went down to reception and they sorted it straight away
Could have asked for a better friendlier stay and we will be returning again near the end of the year

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that Lee gave such great service to you, he will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

A good location if you are travelling by car or rail. a quiet hotel with no issues on the numerous stays made at such. There is very good Indian restaurant next to the hotel, Akbars, would highly recommend if you like quality food and surroundings. The road to the front of the hotel can be a little loud if you like to sleep with the window open. Overall, a very nice and spotlessly clean hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent comments concerning our Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre.Our Guest Services Team strives to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and from your comments I can see our team excelled in making you feel welcome and comfortable and I will pass on your comments to all of the Team.
Should you like your window open then simply request a hight floor or room at the back next time and we will ensure your requests are noted. I am also glad you enjoyed Ackbars restaurant as it is one of the staff's favourite
May I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Newcastle.

Kind Regards,
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Due to extremely unfortunate circumstances I found myself stranded in Newcastle on Christmas Day.. Originally from Bristol I didn't know the area and couldn't get a train back home until 27th Dec. I phoned the hotel in a very distressed state and I must say the customer service I received was first class. Derek was working that night, he organised a taxi to pick me up and take me to the hotel, when I arrived he made me feel very welcome, he calmed me down, showed me to my room and was extremely pleasant. He took the time to make sure that I was OK before leaving. I cannot thank him enough for the excellent customer service that he showed me. He really is a credit to the hotel. Thank you Derek

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review, We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. This review is also extra special as it mention's Derek, one of my night team who often get forgotten about. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre is a simple and clean hotel close to the Central Station and St James Park. Check-inn was fast and the bedroom and bathroom are average sized but clean. We stayed two nights in room 323, arriving on Saturday December 15 and, although basic, we enjoyed our stay there. There is a free breakfast included in the room rate, but the choice is limited. Only eggs, sausage and cheese. No bacon, ham or mushrooms. But it is a start for your day. If it is busy (in the weekend when Newcastle United has a home match) you will have to wait long before a table becomes available. But with a cheap room rate and a central location, the hotel offers value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from stag or hen nights and other parties because especially during weeken...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of recent stay with us.I am glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast as you say it can be busy on weekends so the earlier you can come down the better.Thanks again for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in there for 12 days feeling like i was home and the staff with no exception are so friendly and helpful. Although the bus stops and taxis are just out of the door, all the important sites are just walking distance. I just LOVED it there.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations and you loved our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here with a group of work colleagues - rooms were clean and tidy, and nice and quiet even though its right in the heart of the city and a few minutes walk from train station and pubs. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and went beyond the call of duty when we were stuck with one of our challenges for our team night out treasure hunt - Andrew your a star singer! definately stay there again, next time i'm in newcastle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that Andrew gave such great service to you and maybe even helped you win your treasure hunt, he will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Lorraine Watson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre? Share your experiences!