“Good city centre location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre

You added Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterloo Square, St James Boulevard, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4EU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Doncaster
“Good city centre location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

A good location if you are travelling by car or rail. a quiet hotel with no issues on the numerous stays made at such. There is very good Indian restaurant next to the hotel, Akbars, would highly recommend if you like quality food and surroundings. The road to the front of the hotel can be a little loud if you like to sleep with the window open. Overall, a very nice and spotlessly clean hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent comments concerning our Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre.Our Guest Services Team strives to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and from your comments I can see our team excelled in making you feel welcome and comfortable and I will pass on your comments to all of the Team.
Should you like your window open then simply request a hight floor or room at the back next time and we will ensure your requests are noted. I am also glad you enjoyed Ackbars restaurant as it is one of the staff's favourite
May I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Newcastle.

Kind Regards,
Lorraine Watson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Czech first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Due to extremely unfortunate circumstances I found myself stranded in Newcastle on Christmas Day.. Originally from Bristol I didn't know the area and couldn't get a train back home until 27th Dec. I phoned the hotel in a very distressed state and I must say the customer service I received was first class. Derek was working that night, he organised a taxi to pick me up and take me to the hotel, when I arrived he made me feel very welcome, he calmed me down, showed me to my room and was extremely pleasant. He took the time to make sure that I was OK before leaving. I cannot thank him enough for the excellent customer service that he showed me. He really is a credit to the hotel. Thank you Derek

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review, We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. This review is also extra special as it mention's Derek, one of my night team who often get forgotten about. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre is a simple and clean hotel close to the Central Station and St James Park. Check-inn was fast and the bedroom and bathroom are average sized but clean. We stayed two nights in room 323, arriving on Saturday December 15 and, although basic, we enjoyed our stay there. There is a free breakfast included in the room rate, but the choice is limited. Only eggs, sausage and cheese. No bacon, ham or mushrooms. But it is a start for your day. If it is busy (in the weekend when Newcastle United has a home match) you will have to wait long before a table becomes available. But with a cheap room rate and a central location, the hotel offers value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from stag or hen nights and other parties because especially during weeken...
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of recent stay with us.I am glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast as you say it can be busy on weekends so the earlier you can come down the better.Thanks again for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed in there for 12 days feeling like i was home and the staff with no exception are so friendly and helpful. Although the bus stops and taxis are just out of the door, all the important sites are just walking distance. I just LOVED it there.

• Stayed December 2012
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations and you loved our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here with a group of work colleagues - rooms were clean and tidy, and nice and quiet even though its right in the heart of the city and a few minutes walk from train station and pubs. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and went beyond the call of duty when we were stuck with one of our challenges for our team night out treasure hunt - Andrew your a star singer! definately stay there again, next time i'm in newcastle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that Andrew gave such great service to you and maybe even helped you win your treasure hunt, he will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here for two nights from 7th till 9th December and would thoroughly recommend it. All the staff were so courteous and helpful and could not do enough for us when one of our group took ill, especially John, Lee and Kimberley. We would definitely stay here again. Great central location. Lovely rooms, sparkling clean and great breakfast made our stay so enjoyable. If you are heading to Newcastle this is the place to stay.

Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that John, Lee and Kimberley helped you when one of your party became ill, they will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had a great week-end just the job the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle the rooms neat and tidy the staff welcoming no problems with parking especially good if you have a blue card nothing to pay and if not no evening charge or £5.00 for twenty four hours stay.
Hotel has a free breakfast bar continental and hot breakfast not to fancy but good and easy to use felt relaxed in their lounge / Dinner had a read at the free papers over breakfast.
Staff could not do enough for us thats my wife and two sister and self my wife needs to use a wheel chair now and again as she gets weak with Chemo therapy due to her fight with cancer no problem with the chair the wife's a different story when her and the sisters gang up on me.
Seriously Lee one of the lads on reception put us right for the xmas market and a nice itallian meal at Roberto,s on westgate road first night there walking distance even with the chair had a sumtious meal with wine and a few wee ones music in the back ground I am sure I saw a glisten in the wife,s eye might have been a splash of rosey on my glasses staff were great fantastic value whole nights enjoyment with great food and beverages nice and cosy less than £20 a head with full biffta.
Had a late night cap in the hotel at the bar a big barrel of ice for the last one before lights out up stairs.
Big breakfast and out and arround in the morning shop to you drop sisters in action great place for shopping Newcastle the girls really enjoyed theselfs had a light lunch finnished the marathon shop back to the hotel for a wee kip awoke fresh as a mountain daisy talked with Lee at the reception their all great on the recption he booked us a table at the Landside Chinese resturant for 8PM suggested a drink in Rosies bar just opposite the resturant and organised us a taxi although its walking distance in china town from the hotel needed it for the wife who had decided to go out chairless.
We had a great night the music and atmospherein Rosies is great the Resturant offered set banquets you choose which one one you want or in my case the girls choose what I wanted the table reserved was just perfect one of those leather round seating couches around the table service just the bees knees the girls looking after you make you feel welcome the food we chose could only be descriped as fabulouse with good music in the back ground with a nice bottle of wine and a few wee ones they called us a taxi and poured us in after a realy good evening straight to bed before we woke up refreshed nice shower leisurly breakfast and off home with the three witches oops sisters great weekend great staff hotel was all you need would I stay there again you bet I would I hope I can get a booking for my birthday. Give it a try you wont be sorry.

P.S Had one drink in the Dog its on the way back to the hotel its great fun especially for the gay minded and were straight.

Room Tip: Its a city hotel in a square did not hear any noise A/C was quiete book early so as not to be disapo...
Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that Lee gave such great service to you, he will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Lorraine Watson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre? Share your experiences!