“Slow boat to China (Tea)” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: English
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Slow boat to China (Tea)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been several times to Rosie's for lunch, always booking a table to avoid a long wait, such is the popularity of this establishment. The food whether sweet or savoury is very tasty. However the service is getting slower and slower. The waitresses are pleasant but generally have to be called across to the table.

Last week my husband and I met another couple for lunch. But once again we had to wait ages for our order to be taken and then so long for it to arrive that the four salad dishes hardly sated our increased hunger. We noted that there were three chefs in the kitchen. I now wonder if they were preparing for outside catering orders, otherwise it does not make sense. I will ask the manager about this next visit - my last? I hope not.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
“Comfort and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

An extremely pleasant cafe/ patisserie/ restaurant, which does excellent breakfasts, light lunches and afternoon teas. Genuine home-made chutneys etc help. Food simple but excellent in calm, comfortable and stylish surroundings. Tucked away at the back of a small shopping mall but with nice views over the park. Pleasant service and good coffee.

• Visited June 2013