“You'll go there everyday!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne
“You'll go there everyday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I found this tea shop a perfect place for relaxing after a long day specially that it's like 2 minutes away from my building in uni. the atmosphere is very nice and comforting, the staff are so helpful and the service is quick and satisfactory. Above all these, they have like 100 different types of tea that the waiter would gladly explain each of them till you make your choice. They are open long hours which comes handy when everywhere else in the town is closed.
Good tea, nice place, brilliant staff. I also should mention that their prices are very reasonable.
If you try it once you won't stop going!

Newcastle-u-Lyme, Staffs
“Chaotic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Obviously, this place is very popular. How much will be repeat business? The place was bedlam. The table I sat down at with my family was piled high with dirty cups and dishes and I had to ask for it to be cleared. Was it wiped down? NO!! The place had far too many tables and my husband was too close to a family where the baby had a nappy full - not a nice accompaniment to lunch. I ordered a salad with butternut squash, feta and raisins and when it arrived over half the plate was iceberg lettuce!! On paying, my husband was asked what he'd had so maybe if he'd not been truthful he could have saved some money.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
newcastle
“Disappointed with lack of choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my dad for a spot of lunch with my dad in Friday.

I was quite excited to see the place and what they had on offer and was a little disappoint to be honest. There has been such a hype about the place and from what I could see it wasn't as exciting as I was expecting.

There was only a very small selective menu. There was a breakfast menu that consisted of toast or granola and a third item I can't remember. Cereal or something like that.

Then on the lower part of the menu labelled lunch there was a selection of sandwiches and stotties. Granted the range of fillings was fantastic. There were things like salt beef and pulled pork.

However. I was in because I had heard they did benedict with a duck egg and there was no such thing on the menu and all day breakfasts. In fact there was no hot food on the menu and the selection of things to choose from yoghurt/sandwich.

I was impressed with the selection of teas and you will never be short of choice choosing tea from here. I like that the tea came with a little pot of honey to sweeten from their own bee hives. A lovely quirky little touch to the place.

The place was very busy and very hot and stuffy and we did have to wait for a table. Maybe I need to visit on another occasion and they only serve certain foods at certain times.. However inconsistency is not good in my opinion. You expect to arrive and be able to get what you've expected to get and been recommended when you arrive. Maybe something on the website letting you know what you can get when would be helpful.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Tealicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great place, I visited one sunny lunch time, the place was packed out, staff very attentive and friendly even though you could see they were busy, I opted for the brownie and a nutty flavoured tea which were both delicious, I was a bit disappointed that they had run out of tea so I couldn't take any with me :( just means I will have to go back again! my only concern was that it was really hot in there, but they have floor length windows to look out on to the street and it would be a shame to cover them with blinds, I also love the décor in the place - overall very impressed!

• Visited June 2013
“Pure pure delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I guess i don't need to write too much here! I have read the other reviews and i agree with them all! They say everything. This place will be a huge success in Newcastle! Young guys with business vision working together to make the costumer their main asset. Location is excellent really. A little gem in Newcastle city centre.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere