“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ottoman Turkish Newcastle

Ottoman Turkish Newcastle
32 Clayton Street West | Clayton street west, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5DZ, England
+44 191 340 2838
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Barbecue, Turkish, Greek, Halal
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Ottoman Turkish Restaurant, We are a friendly Turkish eatery located on Clayton Street. We are proud to serve the finest and freshest ingredients, bringing a true taste of Turkey to the heart of Newcastle. Whether it be hummus and pita's, Turkish Moussaka, or one of our mouth watering BBQ dishes, we have something to please everyone.
sunderland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Loved the whole experience. Food absolutely delicious and staff friendly and welcoming. Could not fault anything at all.
I dined with a friend for lunch and was blown away by the quality of food - authentic and felt like I was in Turkey having a meal. Will definitely go back - well worth the money :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Durham, United Kingdom
“An overdue return to this lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Lorraine and I visited Ottoman again at the weekend having returned from holiday in Marmaris and we fancied a little reminder of the cuisine, having eaten here previously and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were not disappointed on this visit
We were seated straight away and I asked for the obligatory Efes...ice cold and tasted just the same as in Turkey. Lorraine went for a sweet rose wine which was apparently very nice too. I stuck with my beloved Efes. Our starter hot platter came quickly with little pitta-style Turkish breads, and they were all delicious. Mains were a seafood guvec for myself, with Lorraine opting for what was a humongous mixed grill when it arrived. My guvec was crammed with taste from the king prawns, shrimps, prawns, mussels and cod, along with aubergine, onions and peppers on what I think was a paprika-orientated sauce with a delicious kick. No room for desserts on this occasion, but once again well worthy of recommendation. Bravo

“Best Turkish / Arabic food in Newcastle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I used the Groupon voucher to get two mixed grills for £15.95. I ordered Houmous and pitta bread for starters. The houmous was a bit on the thin side for me but my guest loved it. The mixed grill was absolutely amazing. Well cooked with herbs, spices and full of flavour. I have been to other places where their meats are tasteless. Not here though. Each tender piece of meat is a delight (aplogies to any vegetarians). I will definitely visit again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jarrow
“New favourite Turkish delight!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

After a very disappointing trip to Red Meze recently we decided to try Ottoman. Excellent food and service. Quiet Friday tea time when we visited in torrential rain but really enjoyed our visit.
Will be back!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Value for money .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have hafe chicken for lunch, it was cooked paerfectly well. ENJOY my lunch good for value and the service was great. Good place for lunch.