“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: KINGDOM is a stunning new restaurant where for one price you can truly dine your way around the world.KINGDOM aim to provide you with the ultimate dining experience. Having sourced all the best dished from around the world and gathered them under one roof all for you to enjoy in beautiful and luxurious surroundings.Be amazed by the stunning live cooking stations as you watch their chefs take the finest ingredients and transform them into spectacular food before your eyes. From freshly made Japanese Sushi, Mexican Tacos, Fresh Seasfood, Spanish Paella, Chinese Dim Sum to Classic British Roast Meats and many many more!Compliment your meal with a specially selected range of beers, wine and cocktails from various countries.Finish off your meal with delicious desserts, cakes, ice cream and fresh fruit.
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Went at 2.30 on 24/11/2012. Was packed. You have to pay as you go in and then seated.

Loads of food and a amazing selection. really is something for everyone here.

All the stuff we tryed was yummy and hot. also food could be cooked to order if you wanted.

My only complaint is that some of the tables are a long way from the room where the food is.

Drinks - you have to go to the bar yourself and buy seperately. Staff only show you to your seat and clear empty plates.

I would recommend this restaurant. A bit of a walk if you get a table far from the food but really worth it!!

I will be go back again in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
newcastle
“"Jack of all trades, master of none"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I think that my title sums it up perfectly. I tried most dishes, found none of them to be particularly well done. I'm not a big buffet fan anyway, and I felt that they have tried to cover too many cuisines and at the expense of the quality. Personally, I'd much rather have a few dishes done really well than a load of dishes done averagely. Still, if you like OK food, and lots of it (which some people do) then perhaps you will like this place. My Mrs liked it though, and said that she will return.... but I won't be with her.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“fab location, great food and very friendly staff..............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

1st visit to Kingdom was on Friday during a xmas shopping trip with my daughter. Food and cocktails essential for refueling and Kingdom lived up to the Hype and all of the great things I have heard.
Entrance is on the side of The Haymarket metro and then Via the lift to the bright and spacious reception where you pay and are shown to your seat. It was a bargain £8.99 when we visited.
We were shown to our seat by a friendly staff member ( table looking down on Northumberland street ) Great for a people watcher such as me. My daughter headed to the bar to get us a cocktail each, I think they were around £4 each for a generous sized Blue Lagoon.
The food stations are at the opposite side of the restaurant. Numerous options including, Asian, Mexican, traditional English Roast, Italian and American as well as others ( far to many to try everything but great for groups who like different options ) Everything I tried was of a good temperature ( I hate look warm food ) The place was spotless and everything was very tasty. To be honest a buffet is a buffet but this one knocks spots of others in Newcastle and I will be back ! The desserts were also very good and not too big but with any buffet you could have more if you have room :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Great Night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Saturday night and I thought, it would be heaving and food scarce, it may have been heaving but food was constantly replenished, at one point i opened the Mussels in Black Bean Sauce to find it empty, one of the staff apologised and ordered some more and a few minutes later found me to tell me it was about to be put out, choice was immense and everyone in our group was catered for, My partner and I love seafood and the selection was appreciated. Staff were very attentive, chatting when they could, answered any questions we had. Alcoholic drinks are similar to town prices except the soft drinks, £2 for a large coke is excellent for designated drivers like myself. As i was leaving I even booked a party of 15 for December but by time i finish raving about the place to Family and friends I'm sure I'll double that. Thanks for a lovely night

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“ok for a quick eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went here for quickness and for variety of choice on a Saturday night. Once you have found the entrance and made your way upstairs. You are greeted by a pleasant member of staff who promptly charges you for the buffet. You are then shown to a table and given two numbered chips. Our waiter made some vain attempt to explain what these were for, something to do with the chefs specials but couldn't work out what to do with them.
The place is huge so i can't imagine them ever being short of tables, saying that the place was quite busy. Waiter told us that drinks could be purchased at the bar and that the buffet was located to the left of the bar. When you enter the buffet area it looks fantastic and smells good. There's a lovely choice of food from sushi, chinese, english, american, italian, french, mexican, turkish and spanish, so being a buffet you try a little of a few things a few times.
No matter what we choose, we thought it generally tasty and well seasoned but our complaint was the fact all of it was just warm or cold. Plates are too small to do a lot with and numerous were not properly cleaned after coming out of the dishwasher.
Examples of some of the things they could do better, the mexican fajitas, the tortillas are on a plate to the side so you can help yourself but have never been heated or even attempted to kept warm so even if the chicken filling was hot this tortillas just make it cold to eat. The signage for all the food looks like it's just been knocked up on microsoft office and is way to small for it's purpose.
The idea seems great but it needs work. sauces for all cuisines are little pots next to the main serving bowls. To me that seams really messy and a bit of a hygienic issue. The place would be much better with a sauce station where you could help yourself to little pots of what you want.

The next few times we went back to the buffet area, one of the chefs had obviously burnt something as the whole area was choked with smoke causing us both to grab what we could and get back to our table to stop ourselves from coughing.

The desserts were all good even if small, and the restaurant has there own version of an ice cream factory so kids will love it.

I've seen this done better elsewhere and if you want a specific buffet cuisine I would still head to a restaurant that does that, rather than visit here. Personally I don't think it's any better than a taybarns. At £15 in the centre of Newcastle and for the choice you get it's decent value.

Some staff looked happy but numerous looked as miserable as sin. Tables were cleared and cleaned quickly. my other concern was watching a mop and bucket appear from the toilet area and head straight into the kitchen area.
Unfortunately even at good value, we probably won't be paying the place another visit

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere