“One of the Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Durham England
“One of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is one the best Indian restaurants I have visited, anywhere and it leaves many of the higher priced city centre Indians standing.
The staff are very friendly and genuinely attentive, the food is excellent, with none of the over-greasy ghee-laden sauces often encountered in comparative restaurants..
The lamb chops as a starter are innovative and beautifully flavoured, all the main dishes we ordered were hot, cooked to perfection and definitely not over priced. The drinks prices, too are cheap in comparison to almost every restaurant we have visited in Newcastle e.g a giant bottle of Cobra for less than £4 is unheard of!!
This was our second visit and while Singh's isn't in the city centre, (it used to be a working mens club in its recent past) you can park outside for free.

• Visited February 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, can't fault the service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I visited last week with my husband on a Wednesday evening!It was quiet to start with but it soon filled up.The food was beautiful, best chicken korma I have ever had and there was one waiter doing the majority of the waiting and I take my hat off to him.He was polite, fast, efficient and really made sure that everyone had their needs met.I would go back like a shot.Don't be put off by the outside, the food is worth it!

• Visited February 2013
north east
“Good value for money, cosy restaurant on the heart of newcastle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Visited here with my partner this evening, using a groupon voucher. From the outside the restaurant looks basic and a little run down, however upon entering the decor is traditional and welcoming. The voucher included 2 starters and 2 main courses, I went for the Punjab chicken tikka starter and my partner the kimichiri chicken tikka starte,
Followed by a chicken balti and chicken tikka masala, sharing a keena pelau rice and a keema naan. We also ordered a large glass of Rose and a pint of fosters. We were offered poppadoms and pickles before the starters, with the starters arriving a few minutes after ordering. Starters were lovely with lots of flavour, and tasted very fresh. The main courses arrived equally as quick and were also very tasty. The mains did look small when we dished them up, however we were both happily full by the end! The service was great throughout; servers weren't too pushy but were always on hand if we needed them. The atmosphere as a whole was good;the restaurant wasn't too big and had a cosy feel to it, with some quiet music playing in the background. The value for money using our groupon voucher was excellent, and we will probably return. The only criticism (and it is minor) is that the waiter took my partner's starter plate away whilst I was still eating, so i did feel a little bit rushed into finishing my food, but other than that our experience was good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Returned for our 4th visit, 3 of them groupon. Whether voucher or full paying customer the service is always superb. We have tried most starters and a good variety of currys and each and everyone is 1st class.My fav is the lamb chettinad. Probably the best lamb curry I've ever tasted and I promise I'm well travelled when it comes to curry. The restaurant itself is very smart with a great relaxed atmosphere. Got 2 more vouchers to use. Can't wait.....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cramlington, United Kingdom
“Hat Trick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went in a party of six on Saturday 19th January 2013. Absolutely fantastic, as ever. It remains quirky, half the restaurant occupied by Asian residents having a curry and a chat, with Bollywood on the widescreen TV, the other half, full of diners of a non-Asian background, having a curry and a chat. Service is good, the staff remain attentive (but they don't open your bottle of wine nor pour your Cobra, but that's the only criticism) and the food is faultlessly brilliant and obscenely priced. All starters were superb, as was everything else to be honest. My fish curry with coconut milk and mustard seeds was outstanding. And the puds are excellent too. Three visits, three memorable experiences, and looking forward to the fourth, fifth, sixth.......

• Visited January 2013