“Excellent clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Newcastle

Save Saved
You added Jurys Inn Newcastle to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Newcastle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Scotswood Road | St James Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4AD, England   |
“Excellent clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I have stayed here several times,from stags to family events.
Large and very central,the staff are lovely.
It's had a recent refit,so the bar has been improved.
One serious bonus,this hotel does the best breakfast in Newcastle!!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I visited Newcastle on a Stag weekend and had been told to expect a wild weekend as the hotel and city had a reputation for being filled with groups.

We arrived on Saturday afternoon and the reception was very busy. All of the staff were working flat out to get everyone checked-in. There were a lot of large groups at the desk at the same time and some of the staff seemed quite new but yet there were still smiles all round. This makes all the difference. Things seemed to slow down with a large group of girls at the front but within seconds more staff appeared to help. The Manager Carl came down the queue and apologised for the wait (again full of smiles) and suggested we had a drink in the bar while we waited and said he'd come and get us when there was less of a wait. A promise he kept!!

Jade checked us in and she had only been at the hotel one week. She was lovely. She had us all checked-in with in minutes and told us everything we needed to know.

Once we were checked-in we headed to the room to get changed. The bedroom was of a great standard, very clean and spacious.

We headed back down to the bar for drink. It had a great atmosphere and very reasonable for a hotel.

We got back to the hotel at around 4 am. The security staff were top guys and had a bit of banter with us. There were a few banging doors for and hour or so but I guess this was just other guests returning from a night out. After that we all had a great nights sleep undisturbed.

Breakfast was very busy on Sunday morning. Carl was on duty again and remembered us from Saturday, again he made sure we were all looked after. The food was great and just what we needed after a fantastic night out on the town.

Check-out was quick and hassle free.

I would definitely stay here again and I would suggest people weren't put off by the reputation. The hotel was full of groups but it was well managed by the management and staff and it certainly wasn't wild.

Well done team Jurys Inn Newcastle.

• Stayed September 2014
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is just minutes from the city-centre, and just 10/15 minutes from St James Park, so it cannot be faulted. The foyer is pleasant, and the restaurant, too. However, the hotel has one serious annoyance. Doors to bedrooms slam (and I mean SLAM) when the bedroom's window is left open. I mentioned this to reception - (very pleasant, by the way). They accepted that it is an issue, but regarded it as a force of nature about which nothing could be done. Not the case, obviously - the problem could be fixed with new door-springs. I worked in the room one day, writing a report: the disturbance became wearying.....
By the way, the hotel has the WORST irons in the world. God knows, JurysInn has never had a great record in buying decent ones, but the cast-offs seem to end up in Newcastle....

Room Tip: Rooms at the back face onto a courtyard, so should be quieter than those facing the road...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed for 1 night with friends. Wanted to be close to the train station and Quayside for which this hotel is ideal. Situated as you go left out of the train station opp the Life Centre. Got directions to double check from a very friendly taxi driver. Hotel is lovely inside. Really modern and very clean. Our room was perfectly fine with a very comfy bed and pillows. Slept like a log. Check in staff very helpful and friendly couldn't do enough for us and would certainly return. Thank you Jurys Inn.

Stayed September 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was visiting for the Great North Run and didn't know what Hotel to choose in Newcastle - I am so glad I chose this one. We were greeted by the manager, Carl, at reception and received a very warm welcome. The staff in general went beyond what I'd expect for hotel staff, offering us good tips for things to do in Newcastle and what was nearby. The room and utilities were more than satisfactory and I really enjoyed my staff. I will definitely be back! Thank you!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Pershore, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Check-in - I was met by a unfriendly staff member. Explained that I was checking in with a group who would be checking in the following day, and would she put me in the same vicinity. She put me in room 101; the rest of the 13 people were on floor three! She was unhelpful and didn't tell me where/when breakfast was, what time check-out would be etc. Unusual for Jurys.

Meal - I had a three-course meal for £20 and the food was amazing! The restaurant was empty, got pick of my table. Excellent value, and very helpful and friendly waiting staff.

Breakfast. Nobody greeted me, nor explained whether I needed to sit anywhere in particular, where cutlery was, where to get coffee - the fact that milk would be brought to my table etc. This was rather annoying, but on hunting for milk, some kind waiting had deposited some on my table. Nice food - good for the price, but nothing special.

Room - lovely, clean and spacious. Bed comfortable. I had a double, and there was a single in the room also. Lots of lovely big towels (bath sheet size!) and complimentary shower gel and conditioning shampoo.

I had to call reception a few times on my second night due to the noises (sounded like somebody was moving a lot of furniture around!) coming from around my room. This went on from around 11pm until 1:30 am!! Even when I called reception - I was advised that they would check with the night porter; but nothing came back about it.

Check-out; I returned to my room at 11:50 to grab my case to check out. I went up to floor one, and attempted to get into my room but the key didn't work. I asked a member of staff on the floor (I am disabled) about it, and she said that I would need to go back down to reception. I then had to wait at reception to be seen, the receptionist grabbed the key off me and wondered off to re-set it (I think) and without an apology/explanation just gave the key back to me. Again, not impressive service. I also explained to her that I was in a rush to catch a train, and she moved very slowly and seemed to not have listened to my concern.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

He third time I've stayed at th Jurys Inn in Newcastle for the Great North Run. Perfectly located behind the mainline railway station and about a 30 minute walk to the start line in Sunday morning. Friendly staff, free water and sugary runner friendly snacks in the room and a great effort at breakfast on the Sunday. All highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Jurys Inn Newcastle? Share your experiences!