“Lovely hotel and pleasant helpfull staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Newcastle

You added Jurys Inn Newcastle to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Newcastle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Scotswood Road | St James Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4AD, England   |
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel and pleasant helpfull staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very welcoming from the initial contact at reception to when we left. Room was lovely and very clean. We did not eat at the hotel but did have a few drinks at the bar. the prices we thought were reasonable and the staff very pleasant. Have stayed at many hotels on weekends away and this was by far one of the best. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas C, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure to pass your feedback on to the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Cumbria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Not The Worst Hotel I've Stayed In But At The Price I Paid I Was Very Disappointed. I Booked A Superior Room Because It States These Rooms Are Located In A Quiet Part Of The Hotel. What A Joke That Was, I Was Kept Awake All Night By People Coming In Drunk Talking, Shouting, Screaming In The Corridor And Rooms Nearby. It Got So Bad At 3Am I Rang Reception And Complained, They Did Send Someone Up To Check It Out But The Noise Didn't Stop All Together. Also The Bathroom Could Have Been Cleaner I Noticed Hair And Pubes Next To The Bath! The Breakfast Was Good, My Boyfriend and I Had Been To The Metro Arena So It Was An Ideal Location For That And The City Centre. Ok For Stag And Hens But Due To The Total Lack Of Sleep And Price We Paid I Wouldn't Stay There Again.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest

I am dissapointed to hear that you experienced some issues during your stay with us. We have a zero tollerence with regards to excessive noise. I am glad to hear the night staff actioned your concerns during your visit.

Please contact me on thomas_carter@jurysinns.com so that I can discuss the matter further

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had an overnight stay. Very pleasant hotel, we were lucky enough to be given a room with view over the river. All staff very friendly and helpful, excellent breakfast, very fresh and tasty. Room very good. However, is a popular hotel for stag and hen parties so can be noisy in the bar area.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of River.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas C, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I will ensure to pass your positive feedback to the rest of the team

Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Had a very comfortable stay here for two nights. Room had everything we needed with a very good shower and well appointed room. Super tv and WiFi and comfortable bed though it was over warm.Was quiet despite lots of stag, hen and Halloween parties staying there. We were on sixth floor though. Good bar that stayed open late. Breakfast was usual buffet with everything you needed and lots available. Also had a set meal for a large group of us and it was good without being outstanding. very close to station and city centre.

Room Tip: At weekends ask to sited away from hen/stag parties etc
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Im am please to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially your breakfast and evening meal.

I look forward to your next visit with us

Thomas Carter - Operations Manager
Redcar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for a Concert. Location is great for us so that is why we chose it. We booked out hotel almost a year ago. On arrival we were given a first floor room (we checked in at 1.40pm). It was a small double with what I think was a 3/4 double bed. Room was clean enough.
Our big problem with the noise. The hotel attracts a lot of stags and hens and concert goer's which is fine as that is one of the reasons we stayed. However, the walls were very thin in the hotel and the noise from our corridor was horrific - not just general noise but groups of lads banging on each others doors and a group of girls running down the corridor. I am neither a prude, nor a party popper and we had been out til after 2. There were 2 burly security guards on the doors which is reassuring. I would like to think that they would be checking the inside of the building especially when the hotel attracts so many groups and needs security on the door in the first place. I got to sleep at about six which took the shine off a really good night. We were told by the girl on reception that when you check in early you are usually given a room on a higher floor but that does not account for the small size of the room and bed. Never mind.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas C, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Im dissapointed to hear that on this occastion you didnt enjoy your stay with us.

Please contact me directly when you plan to visit again so that I can allocate you a high floor prior to your arrival.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just got back from staying at the jury's inn after seeing Jessie j. First impressions look good! I was with my 15 year old son and we went to bed at 11pm only to be woken at 1am to 3.30am by stag and hen doos having parties in the corridor outside our room and banging doors! I was informed by the duty manager in the morning that this is a normal occurrence and if I was looking for a quieter time I should have booked a hotel on the outskirts of city centre! Charming after I had just paid my bill. Don't stay there unless you want to party all night!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Here at Jurys Inn we have a zero tolerance with regards to excessive noise. Security walks are completed during the night every hour in order to keep noise and disturbances to a minimum. We also have a 24 hour reception who are on hand to deal with any queries or disturbances if they are made aware of them.

Please contact me directly when you plan to visit Newcastle again on thomas_carter@jurysinns.com

sheffiled
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at this hotel when we were attending a concert at the metro arena. Its in a perfect location as it is just over the road, literally a 5 minute walk! The hotel is very modern with over 300 rooms. Me and my friend stayed in a twin room which was perfect. It had everything we needed and was very clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful when we asked them questions about the area. There is also a nice bar located near reception that is open all evening. I thought this hotel was very good for the money we paid, around £60 which was alot cheaper than most hotels we looked at and was the best one by far. It is also located close to many bars and clubs so it is ideal if your wanting a night out there. Parking is easy as there is a monitored car park just over the road which cost us around £8 for the day/night. I would definitely stay at this hotel again as it was everything we wanted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent vist and your review. I will ensure to pass your feedback onto the rest of the team. I look forward to your next visit to us.

Operations Manager

Been to Jurys Inn Newcastle? Share your experiences!