Great hotel and location but upon arrival our hen party were greeted by being told we needed to pay a further £100 bond in order to stay at the hotel. Nothing was stipulated in the email nor via phone before we arrived: we were told to pay this on the day!
This was really awkward as some people didn't being enough money etc and the poor hen had to have her afternoon spoiled by this as they hotel refused to let us in without paying the bond, even though we'd paid a deposit months ago and paid for the rooms in full.
The hotel need to address this issue to resolve the embarrassment of future guests having to pay a vast amount of money.
They also don't tell you that the £100 will be paid back into your account 5 days after using a credit card or 14 days after using a direct debit - disgusting!
We paid for 8 rooms and one was an extra. In the morning we weren't told that one room didn't have bed and breakfast so one room couldn't have breakfast! Just what you want to hear after a night out and having had to pay all that money!
On a positive: shower great, bed very comfy and great location - 10 mins walk from train station.
Would stay again but they need to sort out the £100 bond on the day or stipulate it BEFORE people pay for the room etc.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Jurys Inn Newcastle Hotel
- Jurys Hotel Newcastle
- Jurys Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This great-value hotel is in the city centre, 500 metres from Newcastle Rail Station. It has large and light en suite rooms with air conditioning and power showers. Jurys Inn has contemporary, spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs with freeview, spa toiletries, and spacious bathrooms. There is a workspace area, hairdryer, and tea and coffee-making facilities. The Jurys Inn Newcastle is a short walk from all of the shops, bars and restaurants, just a 10 minutes’ walk from Eldon Square and The Gate shopping centres. The Centre for Life science centre is 200 metres away and Newcastle United Football Club is 900 metres from the hotel. The modern Innfusion Restaurant offers breakfast and dinner. The more informal Inntro Bar serves bar food and drinks. There is also the Il Barista Cafe, with snacks, pastries and coffees. Newcastle is known for its vibrant nightlife and has been voted one of the UK's leading destinations for Stag and Hen parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, JurysInn, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Jurys Inn Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.