“Excellent venue in the heart of the city” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Comedy Clubs
Attraction Details
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Excellent venue in the heart of the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Tucked away off Grey Street it's a gem with a good bistro & bar. Some good acts - it's a great night out.

Visited September 2013
StandBoxOffice, Public Relations Manager at The Stand Comedy Club, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Glad you found us! Next time you visit we'll try our best for get this up to a 5 star review!

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Would recommend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is worth going to just for the Suggestibles alone. Second to none. My favourite night by far.
Good food and pleasant staff to boot.

Visited August 2013
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Jolly Boys Outing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

As part of our big night out in the Toon we decided to visit The Stand on Sat night and it was the perfect main course following cocktails for starters and left space for beer and dancing for dessert. The club is small and friendly, bar food good, drinks reasonably priced and the comedy first class. I still have aches and pains from laughing two days on. If in town then give them a look you won't be disappointed.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Can't wait to go seemore comics!

Food ok, bar pretty. Will go for meal elsewhere before next time. Nice beer

Visited August 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“Fantastic atmosphere and price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last night was my second visit to the Stand to see The Suggestibles (who I would highly recommend that you go see) and it was once again a fantastic evening. I've said that I went with friends as I did the first time I went, but last night I went with my family. Seeing as none of us can be classed as teens, I've opted for the friends visit. It's close enough.

Anyway, the Stand is another one of Newcastle's superb little hidden gems. Just down the road from the Theater Royal and restaurants, it's ideal for popping in and having a cheap drink at the bar before heading downstairs to see the show. All the shows on offer are reasonably priced, I think the most expensive price on the website was £15 for the Saturday gala show, which I have heard is worth every penny! They offer a show for everybody, and quite a few big comedy names are featuring in their program.

You can take your drinks from the upstairs bar with you into the seated area, but there is also a bar which serves a selection of nibbles if you get a bit hungry during the show. The prices for food and drink downstairs is very reasonable and I do intend to try some next time I visit.

The seating area itself is compact, but you don't feel like a sardine. Instead it just adds to the ambiance of the show. There is great visibility throughout the seating area and as it fills up, they reveal more seating when necessary. If you get there early enough there are plenty of little tables dotted around for your drinks etc.

Everything is clean, cheap, colourful and welcoming. The staff are wonderful. I honestly can't fault the service that I have received. Definitely worth a visit!