I stayed here on a Sunday evening ahead of a business meeting first thing the following morning on the Cobalt Business Park.
From a location perspective it was perfect. Easy to get to, close to where I needed to be and with a large free car park.
Being a Sunday night just a couple of weeks before Christmas there was a Christmas party in full swing when i arrived thus the lobby was full of drunk people in fancy dress. The young lad on the check in desk was clearly snowed under however check in was fine and he did point out my room would be at the other end of the hotel to the festivities.
I ate in the on site Italian restaurant which served pizza and pasta. The food was OK and the price was fine. I then retired to the bar (styled very much like a pub) to meet a colleague for a couple of drinks.
We did try sitting in the lobby area but it was full of families and kids running around making huge amounts of noise. On top of this lads from the party were sitting around in the lobby waiting for taxis and being rather loud in the process.
Even though the language was rather colourful and this was the main reception area of the hotel, the staff did not ask them to tone it down in any way.
My room was large however felt a bit bare and tired. I did however get a good nights sleep and for the money paid, I can't complain.
So this hotel is for families and leisure travellers and for that, it works well.
As a business traveller however this is not somewhere to chill at the end of a long day and is not the sort of place to meet up with business colleagues
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Newcastle is ideally located to enjoy the full range of attractions in a vibrant city of Newcastle and just 4 miles from the coast. Sample the famous nightlife, or step back in time to one of the many historical attractions such as the Medieval Castle or Tyne Bridge. Newcastle also has it all on the cultural front, offering a range of art galleries, such as the new world class Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art. Village Urban Resort Newcastle has 157 stylish bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, an Urban Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Village Urban Resort Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Village Hotel And Leisure Newcastle