20 of us stayed at the Village Hotel for 2 nights, and what an enjoyable stay it was! Check in was very easy, receptionists are happy and helpful. All our rooms were on the top floor, nicely decorated, clean, and had comfy beds. We dined in the Italian on Friday night, the waitress looking after us was wonderful, she couldn't do enough and even gave us a discount! Unfortunately, the food came about a bit slow, maybe this was because there were so many of us? Breakfast buffet was good, bit disapointed there were no hash browns though! But everything was fresh and hot. Pool area is nice, a bit busy, but it was a Saturday and is open to members of the public, so can't really complain with that one. You can get beach style towels from the gym reception for the pool. Tip - take a pound coin with you for the changing room lockers! Few of the girls had back massages in the spa, they found it very relaxing, so thumbs up from them! We hit the City of Newcastle on the Saturday night, Taxi was about £16 to take us outside revolution (not bad considering the hotel is on the outskirts). Starbucks in the hotel reception area is a nice touch, I visited a couple of times for a fruit smoothie. All in all, a reasonable priced, comfortable hotel. Not the ritz, but not a dump either!! Good choice ladies!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Newcastle is ideally located to enjoy the full range of attractions in a vibrant city of Newcastle and just 4 miles from the coast. Sample the famous nightlife, or step back in time to one of the many historical attractions such as the Medieval Castle or Tyne Bridge. Newcastle also has it all on the cultural front, offering a range of art galleries, such as the new world class Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art. Village Urban Resort Newcastle has 157 stylish bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, an Urban Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Village Urban Resort Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Village Hotel And Leisure Newcastle