“How Pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill is located in the city centre of Newcastle. The menu has everything you would imagine from a traditional steak house with the superior quality you would expect from Marco Pierre White.
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“How Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I read the reviews and went to the restaurant with mixed feelings. Having luncheoned there I can understand some of the adverse comments however there is a lot more to this establishment should you wish to experience it.
Four of us dined and the food was as described on the menu, and it was cooked to perfection. The side orders were delicious and were served in individual copper pans which was such a nice touch.
The staff, waitress Gemma and waiter Oli were attentive, courteous and it was a pleasure to be with staff who had a sense of fun but did not intrude.
Remember this should you wish to book. It is an up market restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne do not expect West London, the entire luncheon was wonderful and I shall be visiting again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MPWNewcastle, Host at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Newcastle, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
It's fantastic to hear that you and your party had such a great night with us at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill and that Gemma and Oliver looked after you all so well.

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill has only been open for 10 monthes and it is oustanding that we receive such good feedback.

We look forward to you returning and guarantee you will have yet another fantastic eating experience.

In the meantime, why not like us on facebook book and start to follow us on twitter to receive our latest offers and promotions.

Many Thanks

Nic Elliott
Host

80% Recommend
Bedlington, England, United Kingdom
“Almost 5 star!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Visited MPW Newcastle on a Friday evening with work colleagues. First up the atmosphere, the surroundings, the decor, the total feel of the place is what I was expecting from an establishment bearing the name of the great man himself. Next up the service was friendly and very attentive from the bar staff to the young lady who looked after our table and of course not forgetting the maitre'd. From an extensive menu the food that we all ordered and ate was exceptionally good and we all ordered different meals so got a good varied look at the food on offer. Whilst it may not be somewhere you would eat every day because it isn't cheap it is certainly somewhere I would like to eat every day. My only gripe is considering the already higher than average prices, which I am not complaining about because of the quality of the food we ate, why oh why does the restaurant insist on adding a 10% service charge on to your bill. As customers we should be allowed to decide wether or not the service deserves being rewarded and at what level. They may be able to get away with this practice in London but then again we weren't eating in London. Rant over, many thanks otherwise for a lovely meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Poole, United Kingdom
“Doesn't live up to its billling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I ate here with a colleague and although the food was acceptable, it was not as good as the price and the status of the restaurant led us to expect. For example, my fillet steak was rather too crusty on the outside for my taste, and the meat was more course than I would have expected. Service was rather disinterested too, although a table of rather over-noisy guests (maybe regulars or celebrities of some sort) seemed to enjoy constant fawning from numerous staff, which was probably why the rest of us were rather less well-served. On the plus side, the restaurant is comfortable, with good spacing between tables, although I could do without the blown up photos of Marco Pierre White himself trying to look like a bolshy adolescent. Maybe he should spend more time in the kitchens of his restaurants and less in the photographer's studio.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Top notch hospitality, unfortunately not the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have dined here on 3 occasions now and each time I always question why I have returned! I can’t fault the attentiveness and politeness of the staff, they are informative, well mannered, the most hospitable in any restaurant I have eaten in Newcastle however the food has never been anything more than O.K. I have had the spatchcock chicken (a little bland), fillet steak (Ok) and the afternoon tea (again just ok)… it’s a shame, the ambience is excellent, staff excellent and whilst the food isn’t terrible it just doesn’t deliver a wow factor that the price commands.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
England
“Fantastic Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We visited here last August on a Saturday evening to celebrate my birthday and had a wonderful time. We had tried unsuccessfully to visit again in the lead up to Christmas and for Valentine's Day but the restaurant was fully booked. We visited at lunchtime on Friday 12th April to celebrate my wife's birthday. We had a choice of the lunchtime set menu which looked good value and had some interesting dishes but succumbed to the a la carte menu again. I had the pumpkin soup which was excellent, followed by the fillet of smoked haddock, poached egg, new potatoes, in a beurre blanc sauce. Presentation was excellent, the mix of textures and flavours was superb. I've had this dish elsewhere but this was definitely the best ever. Wife had the calves liver which she said was excellent. Our son came with us and had the fried haddock and chips. It had to be a whale on a plate the portion was so big. He thoroughly enjoyed it and the real chips that came with it. None of us could manage a dessert but enjoyed a coffee afterwards.Staff were warm, friendly and nothing was too much bother. I think that prices are ok when you compare them to comparable restaurants in Newcastle. Our server Fabrizio was patient and very helpful.

We will be back with friends on the evening of the 4th May. I can't wait.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write yet another fantastic review.

Its our aim to be the number one restaurant in Newcastle and comments and reviews, as excellent as yours, help us reach this goal.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

In the meantime, why not like us on Facebook and start to follow us on twitter to receive our latest offers and promotions.

Many Thanks