“Lovely treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Newcastle

You added Hotel Indigo Newcastle to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-8 Fenkle Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5XU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
North Yorks
“Lovely treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This cost a little more than I usually pay for hotels as I tend not to spend much time in the room but the location of this was spot on as I was going solo to a gig at The Academy and it is a two minute walk. The staff were great - genuinely polite and friendly (I am really irritated by fake enthusiasm in customer service) and although I didn't require any assistance I am sure they would have been helpful.
The room was large, as was the bed and the bathroom (without a bath) was also spacious. The shower was brilliant - definitely my favourite hotel shower ever and the anti fog mirror and the backlit shaving/make-up mirror very useful.
The complimentary snacks in the mini-bar went down very well after the gig but not generous if two are sharing (a pack of crisps, kitkat and two cans) maybe there is more if there is not a single occupant?
My room was overlooking the stage door of The Academy which was a bonus for me as I got a glimpse of the band I had seen, but the street was very noisy - I am a good sleeper but I was kept awake until around 3am by a deep bass/ club music sound.
Breakfast was really good - lots of coffee and perfect poached eggs.
Would absolutely stay again if I was treating myself

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hi Jooley13

Thank you so much for this brilliant review.

Apologies for the noise from the other venue. We are looking into this, but I hope this does not affect you from visiting us again.

We take pride in our customer service and we hope to see you again at the Hotel Indigo Newcastle.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

10/04/14 - Arrived by train at Newcastle Central and hotel is approx. 3 mins easy walk away so off to a great start. Check in very pleasant both receptionists both very friendly, IHG rewards status acknowledged and bonus points/drink offered. Reception & bar all open plan andhad tastefully decorated and relaxed moderm look.

Room on 4th floor very although not the most spacious was very well decorated with feature wall architectural print and all furnishings in perfect condition and felt very cosy (Hotel Indigo Birmingham take note!). Well stocked mini-bar - all free of charge as is usual at all Hotel Indigos (Again their Birmingham outpost should follow Newcastle's example). Added bonus of spacious balcony with table and chairs.

Ordered room service, operator very cheery and order taken & delivered within 20 mins. Food perfect quantity & quality and very good value.

Breakfast next morning in MPW Restuarant could not be faulted although taken at 9.30, usually one of the busiest times, it was all very relaxed and the ideal way to start the day. Food again could not be faulted.

This is now my hotel of choice in Newcastle.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room, well worth the extra cost!!
Hi Edinburgh Traveller61

Thank you so much for this fantastic review.

I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Hotel Indigo Newcastle and we hope to see you again.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had a twin room, was quite roomy with a strange colour scheme, never had such a mix of colours in a room before. The bed's were fine and the bathrooms were spacious and clean. Would certainly stay again. Only small hitch with the room was the air-con whistled on and off, so i just turned it off. When returning to the hotel albeit quite late at night (2.30am), the couple in front went straight into the hotel, i however got a more thorough questioning/showing of the key and was even questioned as to where i was from quoting "can't really send you in a taxi back to there" because my voice was basically gone through illness, not quite sure i'd be trying to access a hotel to sleep in the landing! The couple in front of me were noticeably older but a recurring coincidence of being treated a little different because of my age!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Mark W, Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hi Sean T

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent experience at Hotel Indigo Newcastle and Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the room we allocated for you and felt the room was spacious and clean.

With regards to the air conditioning, I have spoken with our Maintainence Engineer and he has rectified this issue, however please do accept my apology.

In terms of the issue with the night team and the questioning that you witnessed. Hotel Indigo Newcastle strives on creating a 'Great Hotel, Guests Love' and it isa priority of ours to ensure the health and safety of our guests is key. With regards to the couple which went straight past the night team prior to yourselves, this could have been because the couple were checked in by the night team or they had come across the couple previously, hence asking them again wouldn't have been neccessary.

It is hotel policy to ensure that all guests returning to the hotel are asked there name and this is the policy is all IHG Hotels. I can guarantee that the questioning had no connexion what so ever with your age .

I do hope that this has not put you off returning to Hotel Indigo Newcastle and Marco Pierre White in the future.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Mark WInter
Hotel Operations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed here with my mum for a couple of nights away for her birthday. Stayed in a twin room (112 I think). Wasn't expecting spectacular views as I'd not booked a more expensive room so we got the view of another building (as expected really so no problem). I hear there are better views so I'd recommend booking this specifically if you want this.

Room was clean. As another reviewer has mentioned there's a very good hair dryer. Inclusive mini fridge (water, crisps, kit kat) stocked daily. Bed was made and towels replenished on our second (and final) day. Bathroom was clean and nicely designed. Good sized shower with waterfall head (could have a bit more pressure) and regular head (very good pressure). Shampoo, conditioner, soap, moisturiser were pleasant to use (left my hair nice and minty).

Great location, clean entrance, efficient and friendly staff. No noise problems. Can't comment on the bar or Marco Pierre restaurant as did not make use of these.

If I were to stay here again I'd ask for one of the rooms pictured on here.

Stayed April 2014
Hi Girlfrommars 0

Thank you so much for the spectacular review.

We hope to see you again, and we hope you get a chance next time to try our Grainger Bar and the Marco Pierre White Restaurant.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've never stayed in an Indigo Hotel before. But would do again. Great reception staff, good facilities, reasonable price, very fine breakfast included
I stayed here for two nights on a work/social trip to Newcastle. The hotel is right in the centre of town but in a quiet street off the main beat. So perfect to reach cinema, theatre, and Newcastle Arts Centre across the road. (Oh and you can get to wild clubs too if you want...!)

Room Tip: Off the main street so all rooms seem quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hi Bernard R

Thank you for this amazing review!

We hope to see you again at the Hotel Indigo Newcastle.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed for one night whilst working in the area and only chose this hotel because i was meeting some clients for a social evening in the city (it is priced above my usual budget)

Finding the hotel and parking my car was easy, check in was efficient and the room i was allocated was smallish but very nice. The problem was the very loud music coming from the bar opposite my room, even the double glazing failed to prevent the need for earplugs. I went to reception to ask for a different room and was immediately given a larger room on the top floor which had a fabulous balcony and made for a very pleasant stay. The staff were exceptionally helpful and made me feel very welcome even giving me some fresh milk for my room.The hotel is well situated for the bars and restaurants and also very quick easy access back onto the A1. I recommend this hotel but be aware there are plenty of Holiday Inn Hotels at half the price locally.

Room Tip: You really do need as high a room as possible to avoid the noise from local bars.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Hi Darlington1

Thank you for this fantastic review.

Apologies for the noise from the other venue, however I am glad that we could rectify this issue and accommodate your needs.

We take pride in our customer service and we hope you do stay again at Hotel Indigo Newcastle.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This place is amazing, stayed 3 times and will be going back more! Staff are pleasant and helpful, drinks and yummy and rooms are so clean and well decorated!! Huge beds and lovely spacious showers! Amazing views too if you get a room looking over the town! I highly recommend it!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hi York-Advisor

Thank you for this spectacular review.

Thank you for returning to Hotel Indigo Newcastle and we hope to see you again soon.

Operations Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Newcastle? Share your experiences!