“In the heart of the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Newcastle

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Newcastle to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-8 Fenkle Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5XU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Leicester, United Kingdom
“In the heart of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

There are a number of nice Hotels to stay at in Newcastle, Hotel Indigo is ideally placed for shopping, footie, eating and drinking. The staff are warm and friendly, the rooms are fab, some have balconies not the best view but very nice idea. The mini bar is free its not full up but it is a very good jesture along with robes and slippers. Unfortunatley I didnt get each the Marco Pierre White Resturant on the Agenda for the next time. Good price for a Saturday night in the Toon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Hi Dunny123,

Thank you for your great feedback, we really appreciate it. Come back soon…

1,044 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel twice now and each time found the staff to be second to none - absolutely nothing is too much trouble for them. Rooms are clean, position is excellent. The only slight critisism I would have is that the car parking spaces are very tight if busy! I really must again emphasise the quality of the staff and commend the management for their recrtuitment/training policy. We did have a slight issue with the heating system in one of the rooms which could not be fixed, but we had a quick room change and were duly compensated for our inconvenience. We could not ask for more. Breakfast was good, but rather busy and we felt that there should have perhaps been a few more staff on to cope with the volume of people on a busy Saturday morning.

We will certainly stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: W hada a room at the back over the car park and had no issues with noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi Kilimanjaro77,

We are very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed both of you stays with us! We hope to continue providing this service for you on many more occasions! Come and follow us on Twitter to see our best deals for your next stay.

Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the moment we arrived until we left, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
Free and effective wi-fi throughout the hotel. Room 223 was quiet - even on a Saturday night - with excellent views. Very smart hotel with good staff - we'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on Friday or Saturday as Newcastle is a bit of a party town every weekend.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi luckywev,

Thanks a million for your great review! Hope to see you again soon.

Linlithgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here to celebrate our daughter's 20th birthday, the hotel is dead centre, very modern and chic. But it's the staff that make the hotel, there was not one that we met that was not friendly, helpful and happy to please. We did the cocktail making class with Dom, it was amazing, so much fun and the drinks were delicious, even the ones we made ourselves. Great way to spend an afternoon. Huge thanks to all the staff. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed November 2012
Hi FireEngineWidow,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We will let Dom know how much you enjoyed your Cocktail master class, he will be very proud! Come and join us on Facebook to find out our best deals for your next visit.

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions, both stays proved extremly disappointing. Let me start with the positives, great location across the road from central station. Excellent staff that aim to please. Both Will and Elisha on front desk aim to please and are extremly customer focused - top marks guys! The hotel has a trendy art deco style lobby rooms are nicely furnished with state of the art bathrooms and beautiful rainshowers. complimentary inroom mini bar stocked with selection of beer, wines and soft drinks and most importantly for me in selecting a hotel free inroom wifi. Under normal circumstances id rate this hotel a five but what really letsit down is the poor housekeeping and noisy air con/ heating system that managed to keep me awake by clanking and sounded like a kettle boiling all night long, so avoid room 429 or you will get no sleep all night even with the air con switched off!!! The first time I stayed the room stunk off cigarette smoke. I appreciate this is beyons the control of the hotel but it should have been picked up by their very poor housekeeping staff. Reception were genuinely apologetic and sorted me another room with very cranky air con and a coffee cup that had not even been washed yuk! My second stay, inleast I had a clean room but minor housekeeping issues such as lipstick on a cushion Yuk Yuk , no lightbulb in one of the lamps a phone that did not work which prevented me from contacting reception at 1:00am in morning to complain about the noise from air con system which was once again switched off yet sounding like a kettle on high boiling point and im not exaggerating. Kept me awake all night. I left the hotel for a train to Leeds for a busy day feeling very tired and sleep deprived. Nathan on reception apologised and gave me a card with the managers email addy on which failed to work and bounced emails back to me. This hotel could be top notch if they sort out the air con system and get the room cleaners to sort there act out and clean properly! Management my Priority club platinum number is 373981892, id appreciate it if you go ahead and refund my last two stays if you seriously want me to honour the future reservations i have with you and strongly suggest you get your air con company to come and sort the very serious system problems since based on other trip advisor reviews im not the only one to experience this. The most importanct factor for me when staying in a hotel is not how trendy and ultra modern it is but its about getting a good nights sleep. I hope on my next stay ill be able to rate this property a 5 not a 2!!!! I take into account your a new property probably still in a soft opening that has much potential so hope you will find this trip report constructive

Room Tip: Avoid room 429!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Hi Gareth

Thank you for taking my call earlier this morning, I really appreciated your time and to speak to you personally.

I am delighted to hear that the service you were provided with was to a 5 star standard and that you were impressed with the location, facilities and decor within Hotel Indigo Newcastle and Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill.

I was extremely dissapointed to hear about the issues that you had with our housekeeping department and I apologise for this. As discussed on the phone we use a outsourced housekeeping company and we are continuing to train the team to the highest possible Hotel Indigo standards that I personally beleive as well as the team here.

With regards to the air conditioning within the hotel, we have had a few technical issues with this and we are looking to resolve these as quickly as possible. Due to the temperature change outside and a new renovated building we have faced some challenges with this. Engineers from Sweden are currently on site doing tests and providing us with a range of solutions so that it does not have an impact upon the guest experience.

I am delighted that you will give us another opportunity to improve the guest experience with us. I will meet you on your next stay and speak to you personally. I beleive that all feedback is essential, especially with a new opening hotel, this allows the management team to implement the correct actions of improvement.

I look forward in meeting you again very soon

Front of House Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The room was immaculate, couldn't fault it. Not even a 5 minute walk from the train station and the shops.
Definitely recommend and we'll worth the money spent, infact looking back on price we paid it was excellent value for money!

• Stayed November 2012
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Hi Adele1989,

Thanks a million for such a great review, hope to see you again soon.

Front of House manager
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Had an excellent stay at Hotel Indigo in Newcastle. The location to the Station, City centre shops and Metro Arena is brilliant. The rooms are very comfortable, great decor, free mini bar for snacks and soft drinks, very quiet and also along with the bathroom clean and modern. We had cocktails and a light meal in the Grainger Restaurant, lovely and great service. A delicious breakfast with every choice you could want was served in the Marco Pierre White Restaurant, excellent service too. Nothing seemed too much trouble for any of the staff at this hotel. We would stay here again and have already recommended it to friends. I only have one minor criticism. When checking in, one member of staff kept calling my husband and I 'Guys'. "You guys ok today, you guys just give us a shout" etc. I'm not old fashioned but all other members of staff refered to people as 'Sir' or 'Madam' so 'Guys' seemed a bit out of place and a bit too casual for the image of the hotel. All in all though a great stay at Hotel Indigo Newcastle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi YorkshireFlee,

Thank you very much for your comments, we are sorry to hear that you were not too fond of the way you were greeted, we welcome all of our guests to the hotel as part of the family and like to refer to our guests as family members however this is personal preference and we really do appreciate the feedback.

Hope to see you soon,

Front of house Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Newcastle? Share your experiences!