Stayed on Wed night, booked through internet and requested a warm,quiet room. Sadly, this was not what we were given. The room was tiny and the heating was off so it was like walking into a fridge. The heater radiator was not adequate size for the room and the bathroom was like the Antarctic. We were given an extra electric heater by staff and also extra duvet. Small bed (most other hotels have a larger than standard size double) not much room left to move about even with the small bed. We were told there was no view to the room which was not important as we were there to sleep, the room however looked on to a wall abot a metre away! Very dark. Noise from other residents walking up and down very creaky steps nearby kept us awake all night.
No breakfast, not a cheap stay,would we go back? Not likely
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the Mercure Newcastle County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, ACCOR, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Newcastle County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne