“Fab again” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Fab again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Another mighty fine visit, fab food. Should be near no 1 I Newcastle. Well worth the visit. Lovely yet again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Really enjoyable, tasty food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here for the first time for a low key birthday celebration with a few friends on Saturday evening. When we arrived there was a huge group waiting in the lounge. We were seated on a clean table and served our drinks promptly.
There was a delay in our starters due to the large group but this was explained nicely. The food was hot and tasty. The menu was not huge, something I like as indecisive to start with! The service was attentive but not over the top.
I am no restaurant connoisseur but I'll go back and would recommend it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The man is a lunatic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The owner is angry, slightly unhinged. Don't complain about you food - he won't like it. Which makes him a fool as I will never go back. He is like some caricature of a restaurateur, back when we were grateful simply to dine out. Well, times have changed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ElectricEast, Manager at Electric East, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Please be aware that this person was in the same party of four people who posted a review on the 23rd Feb.
Also understand that he followed me around my dining room, abusing me verbally and had to be restrained by the other man on his table.
I asked him to leave the premises which he eventually did with the other man in his party. Somewhat bizarrely, the two ladies in the party stayed at the table for another 40 minutes - they obviously did not find the situation so terrible.
I think it is a shame that two weeks later he is still harbouring such antipathy towards me. I have moved on and suggest that it would be healthy for him to do likewise.

Is it ethical that two reviews should be able to be made with regard to the same evening?
“Fun, quirky and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very smart and original decor compliments interesting asian fusion dishes. Good if not the quickest service, friendly atmosphere. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. Perhaps not kiddy friendly mind you! Otherwise great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service not so much!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We finally got back to eating here again on Saturday as the last time it was amazing and I was very much looking forward to going back. The food was still amazing but if it wasn't for the lady working behind the bar that night we would have walked out due to very poor service. I know it was a Saturday night which will be busy but the prices are not the cheapest either so I would expect that they would have enough staff to cope. There was a delay in being given a menu as they couldn't find any, after asking again we were finally given them and ordered some drinks. After waiting for another twenty minutes for the drinks (I could see our order sitting there for the majority of the time) I finally decided to go and get them from the bar to bring them over myself. I would normally ask a member of staff to chase them up but they did not venture near us and were clearly too busy. In credit to the lady working behind the bar she immediately apologised and brought them over and for the rest of the night she was an absolute star as she took it upon herself to take our order and at the end of the night she offered us a complimentary drink each, which meant we could get back to enjoying the evening/food. I hate to grumble about it because I understand these things can happen from time to time but had it been our first time eating here we would have left. As it happens we hung on for the food which yet again was superb and I was spoilt for choice about what to have as I love all the dishes they do. The rendang beef is fantastic and I would definitely recommend it. Hopefully we just caught them at a bad time and we will return again but maybe not on a Saturday night.

Visited March 2013
ElectricEast, Manager at Electric East, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I am sorry that the service was so poor on the evening in question. My name is Mark and I would be pleased if you contacted me so that I would have the opportunity to put things right.