“Don't put out menus if you're not serving food!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Aberdeen
“Don't put out menus if you're not serving food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went in for a bite to eat, it wasn't busy at all. Sat and looked at the menus before heading to the bar to order with menu in hand (there were also menus on the bar). Ordered the drinks first which was fine and then asked for food to which we were told they stopped serving over an hour ago.

Now, the bartender saw us sitting down, saw us looking at the menu, saw us come up to the bar with menu in hand and served us drinks before telling us the kitchen was closed.

So I then had to pay for drinks and finish them quickly in order to head to another bar/restaurant.

Absolutely terrible service and not even an apology from the bar staff. Shocking.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good Food In Chilled Out Surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

First time in and it looks inviting and a comfy little place to chill with friends. The menu is select yet plentiful, all dishes on these sound delishes and plenty of choice.

I plumpted for the Posh Fish Finger Sandwich, after discovering they were out of Falafel :(, and my friend the Spicy Chicken Burger. We both enjoyed what we had and must say the chips were divine.

Definietly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“They sell Canadian Moosehead...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

What more do you need to know? It's in bottles. I'm just filling now because Tripadvisor says I have to have a 100 character minimum before they post my reviews. Anyway, the main reason I drink here is because they are the only bar in the north east that sells Moosehead. And it is a damn fine beer. The clientelle on bank holidays are full on, though, in a lager sense.

Visited August 2012
“I believe the manager writes the good reviews!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were on Gosforth High Street last night with a large party of friends having a really nice evening until we called into Bar Barca, the male member of staff also known to be the manager brought our lovely evening to a halt by his very rude couldn't care less attitude.
My husband and I stood patiently at the bar waiting to be served as you do, after being ignored twice my husband asked for a drink to which the ignorant barman muttered something to make us feel stupid and then went on to serve someone else! When we asked again he said I presumed you'd be leaving , at which point we did with 30 of our party! Also we have found in the past that the bar is very cold,not only the lack of heating but staff who have no people skills! It is overpriced and over rated and has no place on the high street,after all it is a bar and not a restaurant even though it charges restaurant prices!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, relaxing surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Four of us had a lovely evening in very relaxed surroundings, with some good music playing. We chose a selection of 12 tapas dishes to share and all agreed that they were the best tapas (certainly in this country) that we had eaten for a long time. Generous portions and piping hot. The only slight criticism would be the time the food took to arrive but it did not particularly bother us as we had loads to catch up on and were there for the evening. We will definitely go back.

• Visited March 2013