“Ross Noble” 4 of 5 stars

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ross Noble”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hilarious man for nights in a row, I thought of the show highly and so did my parents when they went on a different night and my boyfriends parents wen they went on a different night again. It's a great venue to see comedians and even when upstairs it's been a good view and a great show. I've seen musicians here as well which have also been good because to just sit and listen was great (City and Colour, Ray Lamontagne and the Pariah Dogs etc) but I don't understand how bands like Trivium have played here. That baffles me.

The only problem with this venue in the lack of leg room, in the past I've been upstairs and it's been unbearable having to sit so cramped for so long. As nice as the venue is it is a tad dated and I would love it if they did it up just a little to provide a little bit more leg room for us tall people.

On a side note, the swimming pool at city hall is small and the one time I went it was packed and you had to zigzag around people. There are bigger pools not too far from the center - literally a bus away - which are better (Jesmond pool, Byker pool, Hadrian Leisure etc)

Visited November 2012

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hope it doesn't close”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

It is a great place for concert. Used to go there for Northern Sinfonia concerts before the Sage opened. Prefer City Hall to going to a huge Arena. I will never go to the Arena. I like a proper seat with a decent view.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very small and dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went to see Gary Barlow in December and forgot how small the city hall was. It was ideal for me as I was so close to Gary it made my christmas. It does need updating and I know they are thinking of closing it but think this is a terrible idea. It is very intimate and well worth the money for who you go and see. They need some lottery money to help them refurbish and then it will be a fantastic place again.

Visited December 2012
England
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“a little dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

still attract big names but seats a little cramped for 6 footers and bars unable to cope with the demands of concerts, O2 is a better venue

Visited October 2012
190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 633 helpful votes
“Still Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went to see Human League last week and what a fantastic performance in one of the best venues nationwide. My friends were petitioning against its pending sale/closure which would be a travesty.

Visited October 2012