“Yammy for my tummy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Jarrow, United Kingdom
“Yammy for my tummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

One of the best and fresh tasty food .I recomand to every one for fab and lovely dinner.Very clean and tidy.Nice and helpful staff.Another night that I have been there it was a persian event party so wonderful and friendly atmosfer with Persian music everything was fantastic.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Newcastle upon Tyne
“My favourite Persian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I really enjoy eating at this place. The food is really nice and delicious. The kebabs have never disappointed me. All the varieties of kebabs are well done and nice. If you go there, try the matured olives and aubergine dip, both are really nice. The atmosphere is relax and comforting too. The service is satisfactory.
I'll recommend this place to all my friends.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“The other reviews made it sound so promising”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am perplexed because the vast majority of the other reviews for this restaurant are so good. For me, the experience was mixed. It is an attractive restaurant but on a Thursday night, it was almost empty. Two men had a window seat. Two more men were at the back of the restaurant. Despite that, the waiter was less than enthusiastic. He did not even ask whether I had enjoyed my meal...

As I had only ever had home-cooked Persian cuisine, I wanted to try two of the starters. I had the potato supreme (£3), which I had enjoyed previously: potatoes and chicken in a mayonnaise sauce; and a fried aubergine dip (£3.50). I was asked if I wanted a side order of nan bread (£1), which was sensible to scoop up the various textures and tastes. Both starters were large portions, as was the flat bread. Unfortunately, flat bread soon turns to cardboard. For my main course, I tried a traditional Persian stew. It came with its own side order of nan - which I was beginning to feel stuffed by. It was more like a thin soup, with a tomato and cinnamon base flavour. One new potato, a few scrag ends of lamb and some assorted pulses were at the bottom of the bowl. It was just about passable. Perhaps I made a mistake in my choice. With a beer at £3.50, the total was £21 with service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Came across Reza by chance as our reservation at the other Persian restaurant in Newcastle on a Saturday night was cancelled an hour and a half before we were due to arrive. We hadn't read any reviews on Reza before eating there and were amazed on the night by its quality and value. Attentive service by a friendly waitress also. £35 for two starters two main courses and three drinks! We'll be back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North East England
“Why is it empty?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I ate here about 8.30pm on a Friday and we were the only people in the restaurant. I see other tripadvisor reviewers have had a similar experience.
I don't understand why. The menu is interesting and reasonably priced. The one waitress was efficient and helpful. And the food was lovely.
We had exclusively vegetarian starters and mains. There wasn't much of a vegetarian choice but it was very tasty.

• Visited August 2012