“Another brilliant visit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Seaham, United Kingdom
“Another brilliant visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Don't know how anyone can complain about either the food or the service at this restaurant. This was our second visit and was just as good as the first. We visited on a Sunday and ate from the happy hour menu. Both the starter's came piping hot and hubby said his pizza would be hard to beat in any other restaurant, my vegetarian risotto was equally as good, and with 2 glasses of wine for £5.95 for value this cannot be beaten. And the service was brilliant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Service quick but food poor!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for a quick meal during happy hour which was reasonably priced, however although the service was very quick, the food was not great. The starter of garlic mushrooms was served on a slice of bread and was incredibly salty and the potatoe skins were chewy. The pizza and pasta were better however still nothing special. When we received the bill they had charged us £2.20 for half a pint of orange cordial and water which was unreasonable. I would recommend Zizzis for a similar price and much better food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“favorite place to eat in Newcastle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is definitely the restaurant I have visited the most in Newcastle since I moved here! The food is absolutely amazing and great value, I particularly enjoy the half half option and the happy hour menu is a definite plus.
Have been here for a variety of occasions including birthdays, with family, with friends, after graduation etc and have never ever been disappointed. Staff are always attentive and the atmosphere is always brilliant as it is always busy!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, England
“Like bad service and poor food? Come here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Having heard some good things about the Gate branch of Ninos I gave it a go today. Below is how I would sum it up.

* we hadn't sat down when we asked my our waitress what we wanted to drink, how would you know without even looking ! Always a bad sign. In fact the service was appalling. We waited 25 mins and had to ask repeatedly for said drinks despite three staff members largely doing nothing behind the bar. We weren't asked if we enjoyed our food, and dirty starter plates were left for 20 mins between courses. Again, whilst our brunette waitress did nothing.

* toilet facilities visited (men's) were in poor upkeep and basin was filthy.

* food was very poor. Starter of olives was quite literally a jar of olives poured into a bowl-it hadn't been drained so was swimming in oil. Mushrooms were bland and had little or no sauce. Main course of Penne pasta had more sundried tomatoes in it than anything meaning a salty very unpleasant taste. Pizza wasn't cooked properly with the middle soggy and inevitable. Topped with a salty vile bolongnese sauce which was obviously straight out of a tin - it was so salty and gritty.

We would have complained but the "quick" meal took well over an hour.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Considering the competition they have on the upper level of the Gate complex the place was busy today. The staff were really nice and friendly an the food was lovely. I always make the mistake of ordering a starter which once I've eaten that I'm stuffed these days so I left half my lovely pizza but the staff member that serves us sorted me out with a take away box so I will have it later. All in all a nice meal great staff and well worth returning which we will.

• Visited May 2013