“major let down” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“major let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Whenever I met friends for lunch I always took them here as I found it very reasonably priced, good food, lovely atmosphere and friendly staff but the last few times I have been it has been a bit of a let down. The last time I was there was about 6weeks ago and my friend ordered a chicken dish - when it arrived it wasn't cooked properly (raw in the middle) when we told the waiter he actually argued with us. in the end we refused a replacement and left the restaurant. Unfortunately my friend was unwell for the following two days. Such a shame as it was such a good little restaurant. Won't go back again now.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Wouldn't go back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The food isn't bad but the customer service is not that good. I used to be a regular however after asking for a beer and they actually put down a can of fosters in front of me and charged £2 , didn't even put it in a glass ! Not for me thanks.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
newcastle upon tyne
“Slow service but excellent value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went here on a match night when it was full. Took half an hour to get some starters which was way excessive and we were close to walking out, but food was very nice and excellent value when it came

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Durham, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Brilliant food and excellent service this is a brilliant restaurant with a really good atmosphere and great value for money

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“A little hidden Gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Recently ate in Ticino's. We had wanted to go elsewhere, but that particular restaurant was closed. Decided to try Ticino's. So glad we did.
We had the Lunch time menu, I had potato skins and tropicana pizza and my husband had Mushrooms Diavlo and carbonara..
His Mushrooms where delicious and the portion size was not skimped on like most lunch specials elsewhere.
It's our new regular and the waiter is a thorough gentleman and recognized us the 2nd time.

• Visited March 2013