“Fab little cinema” 5 of 5 stars

0845 217 9909
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Tyneside Cinema, we give a trip to the pictures the sense of occasion it deserves.We show the best films in stylish and beautiful surroundings, and our varied programme ranges from brilliant films from all over the world to the best Hollywood has to offer. As the last surviving Newsreel theatre still operating as a cinema full-time in the UK, our Grade II-listed building is an important, must-see piece of heritage, not just regionally, but nationally too and it has been lovingly restored to preserve and celebrate the grandeur of its original 1937 art deco design.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Fab little cinema”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great place for films, coffee and relaxation. Great selection of films, not latest releases but a great variety of films from all over the world. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Best cinema in Britain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I do not know what i would do without this cinema. I've seen so many wonderful films there over the years that i would never see at the mainstream cinema. Long may it run!

Visited June 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Much better than any cinema chains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went here to see Mary Poppins with our three year old son and we had a blast! I love their concept of children's cinema, I think all cinemas should have this! All the kids were singing (some crying and talking) and having fun, it was very relaxed compared to our experience in normal cinemas. It's also quite small and cosy which I guess add to the charm of the place. I think we're very lucky to have this in Newcastle and I wish a lot more people would support this cinema.

I'm looking forward to spending me-time here next time to watch a classic.

Visited May 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Lovely cinema”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just a lovely old fashioned cinema. We saw a fantastic Danish film with Pierce Brosnan in it! Definitely going back, it is a bit under used I think.

Visited May 2013
Gateshead, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“So much better than any multiplex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took my mum to see Quartet and she hasn't been to the cinema for about 30 years. I've been occasionally but lured into the local out of centre multiplexes...you know the ones. But after visiting the Tyneside I am an absolute convert. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, comfortable seats ... not crammed in like cattle! Great coffee too. There is a sweets concession BUT its little and you have to look for it which is a huge bonus, its lovely to go to see a film and not be bombarded buy sweets, popcorn, nachos with fake cheese and gallons of fizzy pop.
With the amount of concessions available coming to Tyneside is not only a lovely cultural experience but also a very thrifty one!

Visited January 2013