“Still trying to get the smell out of my hair and clothes...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London
“Still trying to get the smell out of my hair and clothes...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were quite excited to find out there's a Korean restaurant in Newcastle, having travelled to Korea a few times and loved the quality and variety of food. But although the food was ok, we were pretty disappointed with the experience overall. Maybe this has something to do with the quality of meat just not being as good over here (?), and the cost of food meaning meals can't come with the usual banchan (Korean side dishes), but we went for the barbecue and were disappointed. Most of all, we were disappointed by the lack of air vents that you usually get at barbecues in Korea, which meant we ended up smelling really badly of smoked meat. It was so bad that we felt the need to shower as soon as we got home and take out clothes straight to the dry cleaner. We won't be going back. I'm not sure my hair could take anymore smoke...

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“yet another living social deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

although it was quite difficult to find satnav lady was baffled but supermarket lady sent us straight there(just round corner).qNice enough decor,but we didnt go to eat that.My husbands first impression was straight to kfc from here,lol,but very soon changed his mind when the food came.I can use chopsticks nowand would definitely reccommend this restaurant.Food was different,but very good,. service was excellent,well done for changing hubbiys opinion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Standard Korean BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Tried this restaurant with my boyfriend who'd never had it before. The novelty of self-grill Korean BBQ was great for him, but I'd had it many times before and it seemed rather average. Maybe slightly pricy for the amount of food you get. Atmosphere was nice though, restaurant tucked away off the main stretch of Chinatown so a bit of a hole in the wall! Lots of potential for a great meal, probably better if we'd had more people.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Different and interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Definitely worth a visit, especially if you can get a deal like we got during Newcastle Restaurant Week recently. Friendly staff, and a great opportunity to try different and interesting new flavours and dishes. The in-table bbq is a novelty but it has to be done. Loved the seafood pancake starter in particular.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Thank you Newcastle restaurant week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've never eaten Korean food before and I'll definitely be going back! A group of 5 of us went and we all ordered something different and we were all happy with our meals! I had the grill it yourself beef with a side of spinach and I never thought food that healthy could taste so good! We will all definitely be going back soon! If it wasn't for restaurant week we'd have never discovered this little gem!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere