We spent a night at this hotel as part of a Thomas Cook Football Package. It is located about a mile or so from the railway station, but well served by taxis.
Check in was quick and we had a room overlooking the Millennium Bridge. The room was massive, huge comfy bed and a lovely bathroom. As the hotel is a bit out of town we had dinner in the Brasserie. We'd booked a table for 9pm, but it was a very busy Saturday and wasn't ready so we had cocktails in the bar while we waited. The food was excellent and we followed up with more cocktails.
Breakfast was a bit chaotic, we waited ages for our table and the service was not as good as it had been for dinner. Similarly, we had to queue to check out, and everything felt a bit disorganised.
In all the hotel is lovely, on that occasion the service was a bit lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne