As a partner in a rather gorgeous but quirky award winning country guest house I can sometimes spoil a trip away by comparing everything we do (good and bad) with what others do. However, I had schooled myself before going to stay at Maimaison to enjoy the moment and go "off duty"!. We were going to see Michael McIntyre as a treat and I just wanted to make the most of the whole experience. Malmaison did not disappoint!
I generally love finding slightly out of the ordinary places to stay, but wanted somewhere predictably good with enough style and pazazz (if that's how you spell it!) to give us a great evening. Warm welcome, beautiful room with a boutique feel and great service. The bar had a lovely atmosphere - quite pricey but I think I may be out of step with city centre tariffs, and the service was warm and friendly. We didn't eat in the bistro as it was fully booked.
All was just slightly above expectation which is ideal, and the only small criticism was that breakfast was a bit chaotic and there was a bit of a wait even though we were eating early. The staff remained courteous and professional & the eggs benedict - yummy. In my dear husband's mind one small sausage was on the meagre side for a full mal breakfast but he did say it was all very tasty.
All in all a very good stay, and predictably good standard of a Malmaison hotel. I would definitely stay again as you get what it says on the tin and sometimes that is just the ticket!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne