Malmaison's house style of decoration, smooth, modern, dark colours is strong here although the hotel is currently in the middle of a revamp. We stayed just one night as part of a wine and food tasting evening but would stay again here or in Malmaisons elsewhere in the country.
Parking is not too far away, across one quiet road, but it is at the top of a multi-storey car park, in the open and costs £10 a night, £4 at weekends. Acess to reception from the rear, the car park side, is not good if you have a handicap. From the front access is fine as it is throughout the rest of the hotel.
Every member of the staff we met was friendly, knowledgable and helpful. The wine and food evening was great, good food, good wines, good company, including senior staff from the hotel and central management.
Our room was on the river front with a view of the millenium bridge with its constant changes of lighting at night. Enchanting is a strong word but it was getting on that way. Bed, bathroom and facilities all fine. Breakfast was ample and excellent with a wide range of choices. As we said we'll cheerfully stay at a Malmaison again.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.