Just returned from a 2 night stay.The rooms are cosy, but well appointed. As a few others have commented there is a damp smell on the stairs, but this wasn't an issue in the bedroom. Deep cleaning needs more attention as the carpet needed a good hoover around the edges.
People need to be aware that this is a 3-star B&B not an AA 3-star Hotel as the requirements between the two are very different. As a B&B the Waterside over delivers on all aspects.
The breakfast was excellent with both the continental and full English offering a great selection.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- The Waterside Hotel Bed And Breakfast
- Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Newcastle’s famous and picturesque Quayside and just an 8 minute walk to the city centre. The hotel occupies a handsome Grade II listed building steeped in history and includes free Wi-Fi and parking. The city centre plays host to an excellent choice of shopping and also plays host to the Theatre Royal, which brings in talents such as opera North and The Royal Shakespeare Company. The hotel aims to go that extra mile to ensure you have a wonderful stay.Each bedroom has a unique style; the layout of the hotel lends itself to well-appointed rooms with the privacy and intimacy of a boutique hotel. Rooms offer all modern facilities guests would expect plus some rooms have extras such as plasma screen TV and DVD player and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.