“Beautiful room, friendly staff and clean.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The New Northumbria Hotel

You added The New Northumbria Hotel to your Saves list
The New Northumbria Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Osborne Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 2AN, England   |
“Beautiful room, friendly staff and clean.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My self and my partner stayed this weekend on a Saturday night with a Christmas party. On entering the hotel the reception was warm, open and inviting which was a relief after a rather stressful journey to Jesmond it self. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful during our entire stay. The room was stunning, cosy and extremely comfortable. The bed was huge as was the room and it was very clean. In other hotels we have normally had to ask for extra towels this time I'm pleased to say we didn't have to. It's was surprisingly quiet considering that we knew in advance that it was a busy club and bar strip and our room was on the front. Breakfast was really lovely staff were very attentive beautifully laid continental breakfast spread. We both had the full English, portion sizes were perfect the produce used was of a rather high standard and really good quality. All in all we both left well rested well fed and very relaxed it really made our weekend. A big thank you to all the staff at the Northumbria hotel 5* from both of us have a Merry Christmas. :)

• Stayed December 2013
The Northumbria H, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review :)

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff will be thrilled to hear your kind words.

We hope you both have a lovely Christmas too and hopefully see you in the New Year.

Best wishes,

The New Northumbria Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Good value hotel in a lively area of the city. Rooms were clean and a good place for a group stay. Breakfast was nothing special, however the staff were very attentive and it was more than adequate. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
The Northumbria H, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at the New Northumrbia Hotel. Would be great to have known what we could do to improve our breakfast from our guest opinions. We hope to see you again soon.
Halifax, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have to say I was disappointed with this hotel. The reception area and the staff were lovely. The lift was not working so the poor receptionist had to manhandle my suitcase up two flights of stairs. She was very apologetic. I was taken to a room on a poky corridor with a psychedelic carpet which looked as if it dated back to the Sixties. The room itself was rather dark ,again with a shabby and not particularly clean carpet. The bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The room overlooked the back street and was quiet but I did not get a particularly restful night as my next door neighbour 'turned in' at 2.30 am and then watched the TV for 90 mins-either he/she was deaf or the walls on that corridor are very thin as I could hear every word.
I did not partake of breakfast as I was visiting my daughter in Jesmond. However on the Sunday morning I had to leave early . I got up at 6.30am and wanted a wash but there was only cold water which may have been good for my skin but which I did not particularly appreciate!
I think this is a partygoers' hotel which is in the course of refurbishment and possibly more suited to the younger generation than grumpy middle-aged ladies.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
I'm very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. It does seem that you were placed in one of our standard rooms which are due to be refurbished in the New Year. I'm very sorry to hear that the warm water was not working on the Sunday morning. I will look into this to avoid this happening again. We get a wide variety of guests ranging from all ages, so apologise that the hotel didn't meet your needs. Thank you for your feedback.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have to be totally honest and say that I did book this Hotel with a little trepidation. I wanted to stay on the Osborne Road as my Son lives in Jesmond and we were dining at Jam Jar ...The staff were incredibly friendly at The Hotel and our room was newly refurbished and large and remarkably quiet. We were situated at the far end of the Hotel on the second floor and it was a Tuesday night ...May be different noise levels on busier nights on the Osborne Road.

The lift didn't work and the hot water took a while to reach the other end of the Hotel to where the boiler is situated. An ongoing problem , I understand, but that would not put me off returning to such a friendly and buzzy Hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps stay on the second floor and avoid being above the restaurants ?
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we are very pleased to hear that you would return your custom in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am just recently back from a 2 night stay at this hotel with my boyfriend. Hotel is faultless and would recommend to any friends and family. All of the reception staff are delightful and very pleasant. Always asking if we had a good day and asking what we did that day. We arrived to be told our room had been upgraded from standard to superior and couldn't fault a thing! Will be back to this hotel when we come back to Newcastle, without a doubt! Thanks to everyone at the hotel, we didn't want to go back home!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the reception staff - they will be so pleased to hear your lovely comments. We look forward to seeing you when your next in Newcastle! Have a great Christmas.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This Hotel is fantastic Me (Jade Craig) and my partner Duncan McKinnon stayed here from the 13th November 2013 to the 15th November 2013 and we couldn't fault the Hotel at all! The Staff are lovely, welcoming, friendly and so helpful with any enquires, the rooms are lovely, warm, quiet and spotless. The finishing touches they add are lovely it makes the room feel really welcoming and homely as well as relaxing. The bathroom is lovely with a big lighted mirror above the sink (handy for makeup) heated towel rails & a great shower. The Housekeeping even come up to change your bed & give you fresh towels when your out which I thought was really nice. I liked coming into the room with a freshly made bed (it's the small things) I love the location of the Hotel because the Metro is only a ten minute if that walk away & there's a Tesco Metro and Waitrose just up the road from Hotel if you need them! If your thinking of coming to Newcastle you should seriously consider booking here, you won't be disappointed!
Also if you book through Booking.com and phone the Hotel and tell them the prices of your stay, they will match the prices you were given.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks Jade for writing such a lovely review. Its wonderful to hear that you and your partner had a great time during your recent stay and enjoyed what the hotel has to offer. Thank you for recommending us to others. We hope to see you again when you next visit Newcastle. Best wishes.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very friendly hotel in the heart of Jesmond, Newcastle. The room was modern and well presented with a very comfortable bed! Breakfast was cooked to order and good quality. We also enjoyed a fantastic meal at Louis restaurant which uses fresh ingredients to create innovative courses and the friendly staff added to a great night out. Will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, what a wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Its great that you enjoyed your dining experience at Louis too. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

We hope to see you again soon,

The New Northumbria Hotel Team

Been to The New Northumbria Hotel? Share your experiences!