“good location” 4 of 5 stars

Rooms from £62
Dundee, United Kingdom
“good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

first stay at premuir inn and would definately come back.. staff were friendly and location about 2 minutes from city centre. this hotel looks nothing from the outside but very clean and fresh inside and although beside a very busy road once in the room did not have a orblem with this no noise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Indonesian first
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was at visitor the the National Family History exhibition on Saturday 8th september at the Newcastle Central Hotel.

I wasnt a guest staying in the establishment as I'm local to the area however I was out with my Dad and my 2 young children (1 is 4 years and the other 15 weeks).

Towards the end of our visit my 15 week old son needed a feed. as I'm breastfeeding I didnt want to upset anyone by just sitting down and feeding him in public.

I went to the reception desk and spoke to a lovely girl called Joanne. I asked if the baby changing had a nursing area, Joanne was very helpful and said it didnt but she would see if she had a single room free for me to use.

She spoke to a guy called Alan (I presumed the Manager) and I was told I could have use of one of the unused meeting rooms, which was much more than I expected. When we got to the meeting room Joanne helped me in with my pram and even brought in a comfortable arm chair.

She asked if I needed any thing, then left me to feed my son in peace. When we were finished I returned to reception to say thanks and before I could speak Alan asked if I was ok and did I manage to get sorted.

He even said if I was stuck again to pop in and they would sort something for me.

This level of customer service is first class and I wasnt even a paying guest. I was so overwhelmed by how helpful the staff were I felt I needed to let head office know how great they treated me.

I have breastfed both my children and I have never seen kindness and understanding like it before.

If this is the level they train their staff to, very well done, however I also think they are just typical friendly very nice natured Geordies.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

3 friends and I stayed here for 3 nights on the first weekend of September 2012, having stayed here before in July 2011, when there were 14 of us. The location of the hotel is great for both the City Centre and Quayside. On both occasions the staff were really helpful and friendly and the value for money was excellent - no complaints at all! I have stayed in many of the Premier Inns in Newcastle but due to the central location, this one is my favourite.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at several different premier inns on our week touring Scotland. This was our last stop they were all very clean and comfortable with an excellent breakfast.The staff in them all were very helpful and friendly but we would like to give a special mention of Vickie Joy who stood out for her cheerful helpful friendly manner.

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We (my husband, son and I) stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting family. Great staff right from checking inn to checking out, they are so friendly. Nothing was too much hassle for them from storing our luggage as we arrived early to fixing the tv in our room as we had no freeview the first night. The only problems we found were the pillows even the firm one was too soft, and dinner at the restaurant, they only had a couple of child's dishes available and none of them were suitable for our 1 year old, luckily we had something we could go up and get him in our room. The girl did explain they rarely had children guests so they didn't stock much of the childs menu.
The hotel is perfectly situated, not far from the main shopping area, close to Monument metro station (the weather was so nice we jumped on the Metro and went to the beach one day) lots to do in the area and this hotel is a great base.
My only reservation about stopping again was the size of the room (it must have been the smallest room in a travel inn we've ever stayed in) as we had a travel cot we had limited space we couldn't really let our son stretch his little legs properly I suppose if we had an older child we could have got a family room with more room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Would recomend the car parking spaces are very small and no officially designated disablity places if you cant walk you must park on the ground floor but most of these spaces are designated for other companies only. the other floors have only a stairwell access . so be aware if like myself your a wheelchair user/driver parking for disabled is free ,and £2 a day otherwise car park is closed at 12 midnight
Staff were very warm and friendly , we had room 106 which is noisy as it a busy location with a night venue opposite and heavy traffic from the early hours . There's also a busy external stairwell outside the room but the curtains were very good blacking out the night club lights and we were tired and the noise wasn't a huge issue on this visit. Breakfast was pleasant and overall good value for money in a central location a taxi cost £2.20 to St James park(sports direct) plenty to do and see and due to great weather Whitley bay was an easy 9 miles drive away .

Room Tip: no pool lol ,never used room service , try not to get a room over the street entrance