“Beautiful Room, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

2 Rosebery Crescent | Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 1ET, England   |
Special Price
10% off 2 Night Stay
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Room, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Had a stay here just over a week ago and loved it. The receptionist told me the hotel was recently refurbished - it's much nicer than the old (guest) photos in here! It's very unique in terms of style and furniture - the owners have clearly put a lot of thought and effort into the decor. Couldn't believe how nice the room was (photo attached).

It's in a nice area as well (Jesmond), close to the centre of Newcastle. Fantastic value - boutique hotel at an affordable price. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is the most fabulous hotel tucked away in Jesmond just a couple of miles out of the Newcastle City Centre. The room we had was stunning I was very impressed for the price - great value. The staff couldn't have been more helpful overall a lovely experience. I would strongly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Upon my check in, I was greeted by the lovely receptionist who was very helpful and carried one of my bags up to my room for me!
There's so much to look at before you even get to your room, it's brilliant!
I'd only looked at photos of gorgeous, stylish rooms until I stayed at the Rosebery, and I got to stay in one!
Not only do the rooms look good, but mine was spotless, with everything I needed right there.
I really enjoyed my in room 'picnic' breakfast, as it meant I could stay in my pyjamas! All the food provided was lovely.
I was able to come and go as I pleased and even treated myself to a takeaway in front of the telly one night!
Overall a great experience. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone!

I only wish I had been staying longer!

• Stayed March 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I never normally write reviews but I was compelled to do one for this wonderful boutique hotel as soon as I got home! My partner and I had an absolutely amazing service from all of the staff that worked at the Rosebery. They were kind, helpful and very welcoming!

After seeing a couple of negative reviews on here I was sceptical upon arrival. But I knew as soon as I got through that front door that I loved it. Although we arrived later than expected, the receptionist kindly showed us up to our room and told us about all of the amenities, services available etc. Whilst chatting away I gently probed about the bad reviews on Tripadvisor and she explained to my partner and I that they have a new hotel manager now that recently completely refurbished the entire Georgian building!

We were given an absolutely gorgeous bedroom with a luxury ensuite bathroom. The finishing touches to the decor were quite incredible. All done to a very high standard!

We can't wait to come back in the summer!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
leeds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

this hotel charged me for 2 nights i did not stay. the receptionist is a disgrace. she cancelled bookings over the phone yet they went ahead to debit account. its shocking how they get away with these poor services. manager is a disgrace and very unhelpful. and i didnt get any refund till date. i pity any one taking the risk to lodge in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
124susi, Owner at Rosebery Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
The hotel has terms and conditions which are reasonable and fair, as does every hotel. If guests cancel within the cancellation period, then they abide by those terms and conditions agreed to at the time of booking.
newbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

As we were about to board our flight to Newcastle we received a call saying the receptionist was ill so we would had to let ourselves in, were given the door code and told where our room keys would be. We paid a lot for an en suite room, however, there was absolutely no hot water so we could not bath prior to going to our son's 21st birthday. There was nobody at reception either when we arrived or when we left the next day. I have tried many times to call the hotel but nobody answers and it says the voice mail is full! I have written to the Manager and had no reply. Our room was very expensive and it was the worse service we have ever had and not to be able to bath is outrageous. At the very least I would expect an apology and a part refund but the management seem to have disappeared!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
124susi, Owner at Rosebery Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
The hotel has been closed since September 1st 2013 and does not re open until the 17th March 2014. No guests have been accepted during this time. This review is clearly at attempt to damage the business. We are aware of it and It is being pursued via the appropriate legal channels. If you wish to see legitimate reviews from guests that have stayed, please visit other portals.
Long buckby
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked to stay 9/10 August back inJuly as I was having an operation at the Freeman, we have stayed here before.
Unfortunately the Freeman postponed my operation on the 6th August,which was a bit of a surprise to say the least, we rang the hotel to let them know, and that we would rebook as soon as we have a new date; we were told it was within the 3 day cancellation period therefore there may be a charge...it was 3 hours within that period!!...
We were told the manager would ring us back, a call was missed...and so we rang again, once again we was told our message would be passed on.
On the 12 August 2 nights accommodation was debited from our bank account without any discussion, I could understand I night ( although it would be uncaring)...but 2 nights is frankly disgusting, I have NEVER come across such a cold hearted attitude for business, especially from one that boasts on its website that it cares for relatives staying at the Freeman...all these people care about is money. The ironic thing is we would have rebooked, as would other relatives who also had to cancel their rooms...but not within 72 hours!!
It's worrying and expensive enough everyone having to travel from Northamptonshire to enable me to have treatment which I would not be alive without, but then on top of all this worry we are being blatantly robbed by those that offer support, yes it may be close to the Freeman, but they are morally a world away.
And so I am still waiting for my operation that was postponed as they needed the theatre for a more urgent case,I am getting sicker by the day, I am in pain and unable to eat...but also unable to stomach the despicable treatment by these people profiting on others pain.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
124susi, Owner at Rosebery Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
The Rosebery Hotel, as like any hotel, has terms of business when reserving with the hotel, which are clearly stated on the website. These terms are reasonable and fair.

Been to Rosebery Hotel? Share your experiences!